AFP West Michigan’s National Philanthropy Day (NPD) recognizes outstanding achievements by an individual, foundation and corporate philanthropists, fundraising volunteers, and professional fundraisers. These awards recognize individuals and organizations whose lifetime, long-term, and emerging achievements have made a significant impact on society.
2019 Award Categories
- Distinguished Philanthropist
- Benjamin Franklin Award for Outstanding Fundraising Professional
- Outstanding Corporation, Foundation, or Community Organization
- Emerging Nonprofit Development Professional
- Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser(s)
- Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy
- West Michigan Chapter Award for Excellence in Fundraising
When Should Nominations Be Submitted?
The nomination period is open between April 24, 2019 and June 15, 2019.
Who Can Submit Nominations?
Nominations for any award may be submitted by an individual AFP member or nonmember individuals or organizations. You may make more than one nomination in any category, but no more than three nominations total. All nominations will be considered in the year presented, plus one additional year.
Current NPD Committee members are ineligible for all categories.
Past awardees cannot win the same category they have won in the past.