Volunteer and Stewardship Coordinator
Inner City Christian Federation
About the Position
Reports To: Vice President of Advancement
FLSA Status: Exempt
Assists in the advancement of the mission of the Inner City Christian Federation through partnership building among private individuals, churches, and businesses with the development and coordination of a volunteer program that will be used in all departments.
- Manage the volunteer program for the entire organization
- Develop and maintain volunteer opportunities: Communicate with staff about volunteer possibilities, coordinate with staff to utilize individual volunteers and groups, serve as liaison between volunteer(s) and staff.
- Lead and/or arrange for volunteer orientation, training and supervision, schedule all volunteer activity
- Coordinate with ICCF Facilities Manager to identify volunteer opportunities on homes under construction and/or renovation as well as to maintenance opportunities with ICCF rental properties.
- Supervise work sites in cooperation with the Volunteer Construction Supervisor to ensure that all work being performed by volunteers is of high quality and consistent with the approved work plan.
- Administer record keeping of volunteer files, hours, recognition, etc.
- Recruit, screen/interview, and place volunteers and interns
- Participate in volunteer recruitment events, connect with individuals and groups from schools, colleges, corporations, churches and other to ensure a good fit of volunteer placement and positive experience for both ICCF and the volunteers.
- Thank volunteers and run volunteer appreciation event, and gather feedback from volunteers about their experience.
- Develop and manage volunteer policies, procedures and manuals.
- Train staff in volunteer policies and procedures, create volunteer forms (applications, sign-up and sign-in sheets), record volunteer hours
- Continuously improve volunteer program.
- Supports with Advancement Assistant and serves as a back-up for gift processing, documentation, and acknowledgments;
- Oversee in-kind donations: coordinate with ICCF staff about needs, record donations, enter donations into database. Assist Advancement Assistant with in-kind donations drives (Ada Bible 3x/year, corporate drives)—surveying needs, organizing department donations, thanking donors.
- Support Advancement team and committees (gala, thank-a-thons, hospitality etc) by devising agendas, refining meeting materials, follow up details, and action items;
- Work closely with Annual Fund Manager and churches on the Community Homes Initiative program; assisting with monthly reports on financial and in-kind donations and thank you presentations.
- Work closely with Advancement Assistant and event planners on donor events, helping to setup and prepare materials for participants (check-in materials, name tags, etc.)
- Identify, engage, and manage volunteers to support advancement operations and events.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities at this time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor degree required
3 to 5 years of experience working in a non-profit setting managing and directing volunteers.
- Strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills
- Must be able to effectively interact with a diverse populations from a variety of ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Well versed in computer programs, Microsoft Office a must and Raiser’s Edge and Volunteer Hub a plus
- Experience as a volunteer
- Skill in preparing written reports and presentations.
- Solid writing and presentation ability.
- Ability to empower and motivate others
- Professional demeanor, flexible and able to respond to multiple demands.
- Possesses skills in project and time management
- Demonstrate the ability to solve problems, analyze systems and data, and make suggestions for improvement.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid Michigan Driver’s License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
How to Apply
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Organization
Founded in 1974 the Inner City Christian Federation (ICCF) is the oldest nonprofit affordable housing developer in Michigan. We envision vibrate communities in West Michigan with connected neighbors, housing justice and abundant opportunity. ICCF serves over 2,000 low and moderate income individuals and families each year with affordable housing options and related services. Our mission– Equitable Opportunity, Affordable Homes, Thriving Neighborhoods. We hope you join us in our mission to serve our community!
ICCF is an EOE employer.