Special Events and Corporate Relations Manager
About the Position
Develops and manages special events from start to finish while identifying corporations and other funders whose corporate citizenship and marketing priorities are consistent with Samaritas’ needs and mission, developing proposals for giving and corporate engagement in special events and Samaritas programs year round. Working with the Chief Advancement Officer (CAO), Executive Director of Development, and CEO, this position cultivates and stewards a portfolio of current and potential corporate funders, committee volunteers, and community leaders while developing strategies for growing financial support from corporations.
Do you have Marketing and Fundraising experience? Do you like to plan events? Then look no further!
Samaritas currently hiring a Special Events and Corporate Relations Manager in West Michigan. This role is key to developing events in West Michigan at one of the top faith based non-profits in Michigan. Apply online today!
Full-time, 40 hours per week, 80 hours per pay period.
Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
No weekends and/or holidays required.
No on call required.
Position Location: Grand Rapids, MI
You will earn $54080 with this role including the following benefits:
- Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Company paid Basic Life Insurance ($10,000 minimum for each full time and part time employee)
- Company paid Short Term Disability accrual (Full time employees
- Retirement Plan (403b) – Company matches on first 1.5% of gross income at 133%
- Great Personal Time Off (PTO) accruals
- Plus many more benefits
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, organize, and manage a wide variety of fundraising and non-fundraising special events with a focus on the annual galas and Samaritas program tours.
- Responsible for the development, management and growth of the Corporate Relations Program including investment in special events and as a corporate sponsor of Samaritas.
- Steward corporate partners and event participants to increased levels of financial support.
- Lead the development and integration of a community leader participation system for all major events and campaign initiatives.
- Recruit, develop, manage and grow robust committees of volunteers with diverse social, business and civic networks.
- Develop, plan, coordinate and execute event contracts according to best practices for events and fundraising.
- Manage budgets to meet financial goals.
- Collects data to evaluate events, present reports, and make recommendations.
- Serve as a face of Samaritas in the community to market the organization and create brand awareness, recognition and engagement.
- Other advancement duties as assigned.
Education, Training, and Licensure/Certification
- Minimum five years’ experience in fundraising event planning or related field.
- Minimum five years’ experience in corporate relations program, management, preferred.
- Proven track record of achieving six figure net fundraising events, preferred.
- Experience with donor stewardship and the ability to identify, cultivate, solicit and retain individual, community and corporate/organizational donors, preferred.
- Experience with donor database systems, preferred; preferably RaisersEdge.
Additional Work Requirements
- Flexible schedule is required. Ability to work some weekends and evenings as needed, including statewide travel.
- Automobile travel required. Valid unrestricted driver’s license with good driving record. Valid proof of automobile insurance. Use of personal vehicle with mileage reimbursement.
How to Apply
About the Organization
At Samaritas, we ask you to join us – to “Be The Rock That Starts The Ripple”. A ripple of transformation in the individual lives of the 15,000 people we help each year, and a ripple of positive change throughout our community. Our team is growing at Samaritas! We are seeking more Rocks to join our team. We are always looking for additional employees who want to make a big impact and have a lot of fun doing so as part of an enthusiastic, collaborative team. We want you to be our rock! #BeTheRock in West Michigan to continue to create ripples of positive transformation for those we serve!
We walk with people in need, offering hope and compassion while upholding their dignity, advocating for equality and justice, and seeking creative solutions with those who place their trust in us.