Special Events and Corporate Relations Manager
About the Position
Full Time, Grand Rapids, MI
Develops and manages special events from start to finish while identifying corporations and other funders whose corporate citizenship and marketing priorities are consistent with Samaritas’ needs and mission, developing proposals for giving and corporate engagement in special events and Samaritas programs year round. Working with the Chief Advancement Officer (CAO), Executive Director of Development, and CEO, this position cultivates and stewards a portfolio of current and potential corporate funders, committee volunteers, and community leaders while developing strategies for growing financial support from corporations.
- Develop, organize, and manage a wide variety of fundraising and non-fundraising special events with a focus on the annual galas and Samaritas program tours.
- Responsible for the development, management and growth of the Corporate Relations Program including investment in special events and as a corporate sponsor of Samaritas.
- Steward corporate partners and event participants to increased levels of financial support.
- Lead the development and integration of a community leader participation system for all major events and campaign initiatives.
- Recruit, develop, manage and grow robust committees of volunteers with diverse social, business and civic networks.
- Develop, plan, coordinate and execute event contracts according to best practices for events and fundraising.
- Manage budgets to meet financial goals.
- Collects data to evaluate events, present reports, and make recommendations.
- Serve as a face of Samaritas in the community to market the organization and create brand awareness, recognition and engagement.
- Other advancement duties as assigned.
Education, Training, and Licensure/Certification
- Minimum five years’ experience in fundraising event planning or related field.
- Minimum five years’ experience in corporate relations program, management, preferred.
- Proven track record of achieving six figure net fundraising events.
- Experience with donor stewardship and the ability to identify, cultivate, solicit and retain individual, community and corporate/organizational donors.
- Experience with donor database systems; preferably RaisersEdge.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent event planning and organizational skills including the ability to track and analyze budgets.
- Comfortably and effectively represent fundraising goals, mission and purpose with diverse groups of key stakeholders.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers including the use of word processing, database, PowerPoint, Excel and email applications.
- Ability to effectively promote and engage people during events, while in the community, and during interactions with key stakeholders.
- Ability to work successfully and efficiently under pressure in an event environment; ability to negotiate results-oriented solutions to problems.
- Positive attitude, high energy, creativity and flexibility.
Additional Work Requirements
- Flexible schedule is required. Ability to work some weekends and evenings as needed, including statewide travel.
- Automobile travel required. Valid unrestricted driver’s license with good driving record. Valid proof of automobile insurance. Use of personal vehicle with mileage reimbursement.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Ability to move freely about.
- Hand and finger dexterity.
- Hand-eye coordination.
- Long-term concentration and focus.
How to Apply
Apply online to the position using the following link: https://careers-samaritas.icims.com/jobs/3852/special-events-and-corporate-relations-manager%2c-full-time%2c-grand-rapids%2c-mi/job
Requisition number: 2019-3852.
About the Organization
At Samaritas, we ask you to join us – to “Be The Rock That Starts The Ripple”. A ripple of transformation in the individual lives of the 15,000 people we help each year, and a ripple of positive change throughout our community. Our team is growing at Samaritas! We are seeking more Rocks to join our team. We are always looking for additional employees who want to make a big impact and have a lot of fun doing so as part of an enthusiastic, collaborative team. We want you to be our rock!
Samaritas, one of the state’s largest faith-based nonprofits, has been sending ripples of positive change into Michigan communities since 1934. Prior to 2016, Samaritas operated as Lutheran Social Services of Michigan.
Samaritas provides a continuum of care to all in need with approximately 70 different programs in 40 different locations in Michigan. We believe in diversity and inclusion, for the people we serve and the people we employ. Employing nearly 2,000 employees in opportunities ranging from direct service to management in Michigan’s Lower Peninsula, we hope that you will consider joining the Samaritas team and help work in making a difference in communities across Michigan.
We walk with people in need, offering hope and compassion while upholding their dignity, advocating for equality and justice, and seeking creative solutions with those who place their trust in us.