Senior Vice President of Donor Development and Engagement
Bethany Christian Services
About the Position
As the Senior Vice President of Donor Development and Engagement, you will serve as a key leadership team member and an active participant in making strategic decisions affecting Bethany Christian Services. This individual will work in partnership with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and oversee all fundraising and development activities. The successful candidate will help forge new relationships to build Bethany Christian Services visibility, impact, and financial resources.
The SVP of Donor Development and Engagement will design and implement a comprehensive plan for developing key external alliances by cultivating individual and philanthropic support. It is expected that the amount raised by Bethany Christian Services will increase significantly in future years as the SVP of Donor Development and Engagement systematically and effectively strengthens the organization’s overall fundraising capacity. In 2018 Bethany raised over 18M in funds.
This position is expected to function effectively with little supervision while following the guidelines given on procedures, along with agency, federal, and state regulatory requirements.
Requisition #: req2216
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee, lead, and develop direct reports to include performance evaluations, training, and coaching;
- Expand and diversify Bethany Christian Services donor base and pipeline, while working closely with other team members to secure funding for new initiatives;
- Establish and implement the infrastructure needed to continuously grow the annual fundraising goal through the solicitation of major gifts, federal and state grants, special events, and corporate and foundation support;
- Support and partner with the CEO and board members on all major fundraising initiatives, and assist board members with taking on an increased and active fundraising role;
- Work collaboratively with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to develop and implement Bethany Christian Services financial strategy;
- Actively work with the Donor Development and Engagement team to develop and implement a comprehensive growth strategy that includes corporate, foundation, government grants, and other similar entities;
- Oversee and manage the development and execution of all fundraising proposals, and archive all proposals with a long-term relationship-management approach;
- Oversee research funding sources and trends, with foresight, to help position Bethany Christian Services ahead of major funding changes or trends;
- Monitor all donor information, while also presenting statistical analysis to the board and senior leaders;
- Develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at cultivating deeper relational ties with donors;
- Identify, develop, and mentor the development team;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Master’s level degree in Business Administration, Human Services, or related field of study from an accredited college;
- At least ten (10) years of experience in a similar role or in a role focused on fund development and public relations;
- At least three (3) years of experience leading a team of professionals or a department with strong interpersonal skills;
- Baseline certification in fundraising and the CFRE (Certified Fundraising Executive), preferred;
- Must possess the ability to attain professional member in the AFP (Association of Fundraising Professional) and represent the organization with high integrity standards;
- Demonstrated ability to lead, mentor and hold accountable a team of donor engagement professionals;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and negotiation skills;
- Demonstrated self-reliance and personal initiative and the highest level of personal integrity;
- Demonstrated creativity in both planning and plan implementation.
- Demonstrated success working in a high matrixed and collaborative organization, where managing by influence is key;
- Demonstrated success in achieving and exceeding fundraising targets;
- Active motor vehicle license and a reliable vehicle with adequate insurance coverage;
- Pass a criminal history screen, including state and local child protection agency registries;
- Subscription to and integration of the agency Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, and Cultural Diversity Commitment.
How to Apply
Please link to this page: https://bethany.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home?c=bethany&sq=SVP#/requisition/2216
About the Organization
Bethany Christian Services strengthens and equips families to be the answer for vulnerable children, both in local communities and around the globe. We do this primarily through foster care, refugee services, and adoption. Our foster care and refugee service programs are continuing to expand at a rapid pace as we focus on unaccompanied refugee minors in urban areas around the globe. Thousands of children are in need of the support and safety that comes from being part of a family. Bethany is on the front line of providing solutions.