Grand Rapids Art Museum
About the Position
The Grand Rapids Art Museum (GRAM), located in vibrant downtown Grand Rapids, has an exciting opportunity as Membership Manager for a highly motivated individual interested in developing programs based on the museum’s strategy of community engagement and collaboration. A successful manager will partner with colleagues across the museum and within the community to grow, optimize and diversify audience engagement to build on our membership programming. In return, we offer a full benefit package including various health programs, generous PTO and telework possibilities.
Job Status: Full Time/Non-Exempt (M-F; occasional evenings and weekends).
Working within the museum’s Advancement Team, essential responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Evaluate, develop and build the membership program strategic plan focusing on community, collaboration, and diversity.
- Advance membership development by promoting membership at community outreach events and through Museum programming that build audience engagement and diversification.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement engaging member activities including previews, trips, behind the scenes, and other activities designed to encourage growth in membership.
- Develop and maintain an annual budget for the membership program. Ensure that department goals are met and adheres to approved budgets.
- Plan and implement membership communication materials including the annual membership drive, direct mail, and email campaigns. Work with the Communications team on the membership marketing plan.
- Oversee membership customer service process including the processing and fulfillment of memberships in Altru database. Maintain membership information and documentation in database and handle all membership requests and inquiries on a timely basis.
GRAM is looking for an individual who is enthusiastic and outgoing with a high level of customer service and sales skills expected. Our Membership Manager must have excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with a variety of people while still maintaining confidentiality. Other skills and qualifications are as follows:
- Strong organization skills; self-motivation and attention to detail.
- Comfortable writing and making presentations, public speaking and representing the Museum externally.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office/Office 365 and database experience (Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge and Altru are beneficial).
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in Membership, Development, Communications or Public Relations, ideally in a nonprofit/museum organization.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume to email@example.com
About the Organization
Grand Rapids Art Museum provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.