Manager of Data Systems & Gift Processing
About the Organization
At Davenport University, we know what it takes to be successful. With over 150 years of providing quality education under our belts, thousands of Davenport graduates are making an impact on the world with the knowledge and skills they learned here. Our team of faculty and staff collaborate to make this possible. Joining DU means growing and advancing your own career, while making a lasting impact on our students, colleagues and the communities in which we serve. Would you like to be part of our success? It all starts here!
About the Position
WORK LOCATION: Grand Rapids – Kraft Lake
DEPARTMENT: Alumni & Development-Admin
POSITION PAY RANGE: $32,000.00 – 50,000.00, Salary
TARGET HIRING RANGE: Actual pay offered will be commensurate with candidate qualifications and experience, and pay equity both internal and external.
BENEFIT OFFERINGS: As a full-time team member, you will be eligible for a robust array of benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 403(b) with 10% employer contribution, tuition remission, generous paid-time-off, life insurance, disability, flexible work arrangements, professional development opportunities and more!
- Records gifts and pledges (including reminders and payment invoices) made to the University using The Raiser’s Edge for Windows.
- Responsible for managing the gift acknowledgment process including the preparation and distribution of gift acknowledgements within 48 hours, tax receipts (according to IRS regulations) and various gift/pledge reports.
- Serves as the alumni and development liaison with the accounting department.
- Balance, reconcile and report cash receipts to the accounting department.
- Make cash deposits at the bank as needed.
- Provides support to staff by assisting with the creation of reports and mailing lists.
- Provide information and support to facilitate the annual internal audit of the Davenport University Foundation.
- Update and maintain records on the Raiser’s Edge database; ensure data integrity and adhere to system coding policies and procedures.
- Run reports from Raiser’s Edge database including mailing lists, contribution reports, event lists, honor roll of donors.
- Create and import large files of constituent and appeal records.
- Provide data for Alumni and Development’s annual strategic plan, including documentation for element and constituency goals.
- Adhere to hardcopy filing system procedures.
- Use organizational and customer services skills to assist with special event planning and implementation, including tracking reservations, invoicing, nametag preparation, data entry and other miscellaneous event tasks.
- Perform duties in an ethical manner consistent with the University’s mission, vision, and values which include diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Understand and abide by all external and internal regulations and policies. This includes NCAA, GLIAC and national affiliations associated within athletics or other role specific regulations.
- Provides GREAT customer service, anticipating and exceeding the needs of our customers.
- Demonstrate and promote the University Cultural Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years office experience working with relational databases.
- Knowledge of financial and statistical record-keeping techniques.
- Advanced computer skills required. Qualified candidates will have advanced knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Preference will be given to candidates with working knowledge of a relational database – Raiser’s Edge 7 for Windows, Banner, etc.
- Excellent attention to detail skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work accurately and effectively with financial data and computerized data systems.
- Demonstrated organizational and technical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, develop goals, meet deadlines, and accomplish goals while prioritizing workloads.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance record.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a professional appearance and manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive working environment, spirit of cooperation and positive reactions to change and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and oral which transcend diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and relate well to students, parents, faculty, staff and donors while, maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
- Demonstrated motivational and problem solving capabilities with a high degree of integrity, ethics, and dedication to the mission of the university.
- Must be able to work additional hours during peak times which may include evenings or Saturdays as needed.
- Business office environment. Prolonged sitting and standing. Use of personal computer and telephone (eye and hand strain). Some travel between locations required (own transportation).
- No regular lifting requirements, occasional lifting up to 20 pounds
- Must have reliable transportation.
How to Apply
To apply, please follow this link to the job posting:
For questions, please contact Louise Kidd at email@example.com