Major Gifts Officer
About the Position
Summary and Purpose:
This position will qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward major and planned gift prospects and donors. This position advances the mission of the college by building strong relationships with alumni and individuals who can support the college with gifts of $25,000 or more each year, and/or principal or planned gifts of $250,000 or more.
- Manages a portfolio of 100 to 125 prospects and donors, strategically working to meet annual visit, solicitation, gift and stewardship goals.
- Qualifies 8 to 12 new prospect leads per month provided by prospect research and planned giving marketing, and makes recommendations for assignments and moves management for each.
- Develops an understanding of the needs of the college and fundraising priorities set by the board of trustees, president, and provost, and works to match donor interests with the specified priorities in order to raise money and establish planned gifts.
- Works closely with philanthropy manager to document donor intentions and reporting plans to ensure proper use of funds and appropriate stewardship.
- Works with stewardship staff to plan stewardship and engagement activities for donors within portfolio who have given over $100,000 during their lifetimes.
- Records all prospect and donor interactions in advancement CRM.
- Performs other job duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Education Requirements:
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, and a minimum of 5 years of employment experience in fundraising and planned giving.
- Must have exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal skills and professionalism.
- Must have the highest level of integrity and fundraising ethics.
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience in the entire development process preferred.
- Must have the ability to work with team members to achieve mutually agreed upon goals that advance the broader department goals.
- Must have ability to use Microsoft Office Suite products, Google for Office, Blackbaud’s “Raiser’s Edge” or similar CRM system.
- Must have the ability to analyze fundraising data and results.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
How to Apply
Please visit aquinas.edu and click “Careers” at the bottom of the page to apply.