Holland Development Specialist
Kids’ Food Basket
About the Organization:
Kids’ Food Basket is empowering communities to attack childhood hunger so that young people can learn and live. We began nearly 15 years ago by serving 125 kids each school day through our Sack Supper program, and now serve thousands of kids each school/summer program day throughout Grand Rapids, Muskegon and Holland. Sack Suppers are evening meals that provide nutrition that’s critical to the development of kids’ brains and bodies. Our organizational strategic areas focus on local growth and West Michigan growth, our Kids Helping Kids program, diversity and inclusion initiatives, and our community engagement programming.
- Manage annual fundraising for Kids’ Food Basket, specifically working with individuals, corporations and small businesses, faith communities and other community groups, and foundations. Included but not limited to semi-annual appeals, stewardship, major donor support, corporate matches, monthly donors, direct mailings and third party events.
- Manages Connect with Kids’ Food Basket events throughout year
- Manages community engagement opportunities – sharing the mission of KFB, regular non-traditional hours (nights/weekends).
- Manages donor recognition programs and thank you process.
- Manages individual and major gift cultivation, solicitation and stewardship, including semi-annual analysis of donor attrition, retention, and tactics.
- Works to establish strategy for giving groups including but not limited to monthly giving, matching giving, and United Way donors
- Pulls data reports from database system and prepare reports for staff and leadership team meetings
- Work with Satellite Program Manager and Development Director to establish strategy to meet annual fund goals for the organization.
- Works as a liaison with Advisory Council and leadership staff in donor development.
- Supervises Fund Development interns and any future part time staff as needed.
- Other duties that assist the KFB team as assigned.
- Participate in and assist with daily tasks of Kids’ Food Basket.
- At least 40 hours per week – flexible scheduling, with regular evenings and weekends
- Opportunity exists for professional advancement based on work performance and organizational need.
- Job is located in Holland, Michigan.
- Have established network of contacts within Holland community.
Satellite Program Manager
$35,000 – $40,000 commensurate with experience
- Stooping – Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full motion of the lower extremities and back muscles.
- Kneeling – Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Crouching – Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Crawling – Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
- Reaching – Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing – Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking – Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Pushing – Using upper extremities to press against something with a steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Pulling – Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Lifting – Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
- Fingering – Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather that with the whole hand as in handling.
- Grasping – Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Talking – Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing – Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Light work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/ or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work .
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned (i.e., custodial, food services, general laborer, etc.) or to make general observations of facilities or structures (i.e., security guard, inspection, etc.)
- The worker is subject to environmental conditions. Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- The worker is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
Kids’ Food Basket is proud to offer its eligible employees the following benefits. Please note that offerings, coverage levels and eligibility dates are subject to change at any time. Currently the benefit package includes:
- Health Insurance – employee pays a portion per pay period for medical, dental and vision
- 401(k) Plan with match
- Flex Spending Account
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Bachelor degree required for application.
- 2-3 years’ experience raising revenue through donor acquisition, retention, and renewal strategies.
- Must be able to effectively interact with a diverse from a variety of ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Experience speaking in front of groups, making presentations and leading group from 5-300 consisting of all ages and backgrounds.
- Be organized with the ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing work environment
- Possesses skills in project and time management
- Be well versed in computer programs (Microsoft Office required)
- Can work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Demonstrate the ability to solve problems, analyze systems and data, and make suggestions for improvement.
- Have a personal vehicle for transportation to and from offsite meetings and projects.
- Physical requirements include a typical office environment with periods of sitting at a computer screen and being able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- The job entails duties off-site including local travel, exposure to heat, cold, inclement weather conditions, and standing for periods of time.
- An understanding of fund development, stewardship and community outreach.
- Have a basic understanding of hunger and poverty issues in Ottawa County.
How to Apply:
To be considered for the position, applicants must send cover letter and resume via email by: June 6, 2018.
(NO CALLS PLEASE)
Send cover letter and resume to:
Bradley Littell – email@example.com
Kids’ Food Basket is an equal opportunity employer. Our policy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, ethnicity, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, qualifying disability, height, weight, marital status, veteran status or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kids’ Food Basket complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the organization has facilities.