Kennari Consulting, 401 Hall St SW Grand Rapids, MI
About the Position
Reports to VP of Grants.
Level/Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
This position will be responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals for organizations that are contracting grant writing services with Kennari Consulting. This person will work closely with the VP of Grants to meet the needs of clients, research opportunities, project manage deadlines, and support reporting needs. This position needs to be a strategic thinker who can assist in the evaluation and positioning of client programs for grant success. This position will also support case statement writing for campaign and annual fund clients.
Essential Functions include (but are not limited to):
- Assist clients in thinking strategically about their programming and evaluation tactics.
- Assessing the needs of an organization for grant writing success.
- Coaching clients in building relationships with foundations.
- Write, proof read, and edit grant proposals. Submit proposals through appropriate channels.
- Research grant opportunities and prioritize prospects.
- Work with the staff of client organizations to gather the information necessary to submit and report on grants.
- Maintain detailed activity records in project management system (Redbooth).
- Write case statements and facilitate case statement workshops with clients utilizing Kennari Campaign or Annual Fund consulting services.
- Other duties as assigned.
Strategic thinking, grant writing.
Minimum 3 years of grant writing (or closely related) experience.
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Strong editing skills and attention to detail.
- Professional presentation, with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently and efficiently, meeting deadlines as needed.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Social Media tools, and comfort with technology (texting, email to phone, Dropbox, apps for hours tracking/parking/etc.).
- Ability to work collaboratively in a synergistic team, with a strong customer-service orientation.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The listed duties may be changed at the discretion of the incumbent’s manager/supervisor.
How to Apply
To apply, email resume and cover letter to:
email@example.com, with subject line: Grant Writer Position