Habitat for Humanity of Kent County
About the Position
Habitat for Humanity of Kent County brings people together to build homes, communities, and hope. Our vision is to create a world where everyone has a decent place to live. Our employees assist in this vision. Currently we have an open position for a Grant Specialist. This position is responsible for the identification, writing, tracking and reporting of affiliate grants in alignment with the annual budget along with new opportunities that become known throughout the year. As part of the Resource Development team, this individual will work across departments to fulfill the requirements of grants and funding from a select portfolio comprised of private, public and family foundations, corporations, and governmental funding sources.
This is a full-time non-exempt position. The pay range for the position is $19.00/hr – $23.00/hr with a benefit package that includes:
- Full-time 40 hrs./wk.; hourly position
- Comprehensive health, dental and life insurance
- Employer sponsored 403b retirement plan with 5% employer match
- Flexible spending plan
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Group voluntary vision, disability and additional life insurances.
- Research and identify new funding opportunities related to governmental, foundational, and corporate sources and makes recommendations to the Director of Development and Communications.
- Identify matching grant opportunities in accordance with agency programs, capital needs, and initiatives
- Oversee all facets of the grant application process, including researching, writing/editing, compiling supporting documents, submitting, and tracking grant proposals from inception to fulfillment.
- Compile, analyze, and report on Habitat Kent program data, community data, and other data sources to demonstrate the outcomes and impact of Habitat Kent’s work
- Document donor data, grant outcomes/feedback, and historical findings in donor database/grant calendar for effective grants management and tracking to ensure complete and accurate electronic documentation.
- Promote the mission, vision and values of Habitat for Humanity of Kent County.
- Receive/attend industry-specific training needed to fulfill the minimum standards of the Essential Responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, creative writing or related field or equivalent experience.
- Two years grant or persuasive writing experience.
- Sense of urgency, collaborative team style, and ability to quickly adapt to changes in priorities with strong decision making skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks for timely project completions.
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, Power Point and donor database systems.
- Ability to handle confidential matters with integrity
- Must have a safe driving record and be insurable
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, April 5, 2023.
No phone calls or walk-ins please.
About the Organization
Habitat Kent is focused on recruiting a diverse and equitable workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals who enjoy a team atmosphere and a variety of tasks will do well here!
Diversity and inclusion are valued and contribute to the success of our organization. Habitat Kent is committed to building a diverse staff. We strive to create a workplace that is reflective of the communities we serve. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.