Grant Development Specialist
About the Position
Are you someone who is full of compassion, loves to serve and loves being part of something bigger than yourself? Are you highly motivated and looking for a career opportunity that allows you to grow your skills and contribute in our community? Look no further, and consider a career with Family Promise!
Family Promise is currently looking for a full-time Grant Development Specialist that is organized, detailed oriented, compassionate, and highly motivated. This position manages all aspects of our annual plan through grant writing and reporting. This tactical position will need an individual who works well in a fast paced environment, able to meet deadlines, and enjoys data and reporting. This individual will have an eagerness to accomplish goals, possess self-confidence, inherently prioritizes team over self, and is energized by writing and reporting.
The ideal candidate for this position needs to be familiar with and comfortable working in a faith-based environment and able to communicate well with donors, volunteer and community organizations. Furthermore, should have a high level of hospitality, can problem solve well, adapt to change quickly, and is driven by goal setting!
Annual Fund Development
- Grant writing and reporting
- Content creation for direct mailings, thank you letters etc.
- Create and analyze monthly fundraising reports to track key performance indicators
- Database management
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective donors and foundations
- Other duties as assigned
- Update website content
- Assist with social media messaging
Other Development Duties
- Independently engage with donors and stakeholders in various community locations
- Support community engagement events
- Assist in greetings shelter guests
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Two years of grant writing experience or equivalent work experience required.
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines
- Experience in program and project management.
- Must be able to work independently, as well as effectively within a team.
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Strong communications skills (written, verbal, and presentation).
- Must possess a positive, can-do attitude.
- Be familiar with and comfortable working in a faith-based environment with congregations and clergy on a regular basis.
- Must be committed to and supportive of our organizational mission.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word/PowerPoint/Excel/Gmail/Google Docs, and other common computer skills/software/programs.
Responsibilities for this position are public in nature. Understanding and possessing knowledge of the broader community, its goals, and the political environment related to homelessness, is a required and progressive expectation for this position. Join us as we pursue our vision “in ENDING HOMELESSNESS … one family at a time”
How to Apply
Please be sure to note the process will include/require a presentation, case study, and writing sample from all candidates that participate in the interview process.
Resumes can be submitted via the job posting on indeed. The link is below. Questions can be directed to Lisa Valk at Family Promise of Grand Rapids email@example.com or 616-608-8918.
About the Organization
Family Promise is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Go to http://www.familypromisegr.org/home to learn more about us.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background verification checks.