Gift Processing Specialist
Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park
About the Position
Position Summary: The Gift Processing Specialist works closely with the Philanthropy and Membership team, and the Accounting Department. The position is responsible for processing gifts and payments, preparing acknowledgements/receipts/pledge reminders, administering Corporate Partner benefit fulfillment, running various financial reports, updating the Raiser’s Edge database, and managing the hardcopy filing system.
Supervisor: Director of Philanthropy and Membership
Pay Type: Full Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
- Accurately record all gifts, pledges, and payments in Raiser’s Edge database.
- Run acknowledgement letters/receipts in a timely fashion.
- Send pledge reminders/invoices on a monthly or as-needed basis
- Maintain/Update Raiser’s Edge database, adhering to organization’s data processing procedures.
- Maintain electronic and hard-copy donor files
- Provide appropriate recognition and benefit fulfillment for corporate and individual donors.
- Produce accurate and timely queries, reports, and donor lists as scheduled or needed.
- Undertake special assignments for the Director of Philanthropy & Membership and/or other departments.
- Participate as a team member in Philanthropy and Membership programs and events.
- Assist Membership Department with data input, projects and events as needed.
- Serve as Philanthropy Project Coordinator back-up for sick days and vacations.
- Embrace the fact we are a non-profit institution that serves the public and that you will work with a broad and diverse group of employees, volunteers, members, and guests
- A flexible and collaborative culture is important. Other duties may be assigned within the department as well as across the organization.
Education & Qualifications:
Education: Associates degree or equivalent work experience, preferably in a philanthropy office
Experience: Strong working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and Microsoft Windows software preferred; Skills/Knowledge/Licenses: Ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize tasks, manage time, work with a team, and openly communicate with others
Regular office environment; occasional assignment to off-shift duties. Requires ability to operate computer other office equipment, plus mobility in office, grounds, and exhibition areas. Ability to lift up to 10 pounds frequently and up to 25 pounds occasionally.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for one of West Michigan’s premier cultural institutions with a highly motivated team…send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or apply online at http://www.meijergardens.org/contact/careers/
About the Organization
Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All candidates are required to submit to our background and drug screening process.