Catholic Central High School
About the Position
The Gift Officer (GO) is a front-line Advancement professional responsible for securing philanthropic support for the annual fund, specific intentional initiatives, endowment gifts and periodic advancement campaigns to advance the mission of Catholic Central High School.
Working closely with the Chief Advancement Officer and President, this full time position will strategically engage current donors at or above the $10,000 level. In addition, the Gift Officer will identify, cultivate, and steward new potential major donors. This position plays a pivotal role in growing Catholic Central’s family of donors by identifying potential major gifts and helping to establish a strong pipeline now and for future fundraising opportunities.
Candidates will be creative, action and detail oriented, highly energetic professionals with a track record of building donor relations, closing gifts in the five and six-figure range and skilled at inspiring, influencing and engaging people. Compelling and creative writing skills are a must. Must possess the ability to follow through and have an intuitive sense of communication styles with both donors and CC faculty and staff.
- Reports to Chief Advancement Officer
- Identifies, qualifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards primarily local and regional donors for Catholic Central
- Develops and implements strategies to secure gifts of $5,000+ in support of the Catholic Central mission
- Maintains an active prospect pool with the assistance of the Chief Advancement Officer and Associate Director of Advancement
- Tracks all activity with donors and prospects with Associate Director of Advancement through Raiser’s Edge
- Works closely with CAO and President in regards to prospect activity on a regular basis
- Passion and commitment to the Catholic faith and education
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of five years experience in Advancement with a proven track record of successful acquisition of major gifts from individual donors
- Strong familiarity with the non-profit sector
- Understanding of Raiser’s Edge, proficient with Google Suite
Special Skills: Excellent communication and relationship building skills. Strong writing skills. Commitment to growing, sustaining and strengthening positive donor relations. Experience and familiarity with securing and stewarding gifts at the $10,000+ level. Ability to conceive and implement creative donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies. Self motivating, entrepreneurial, self-confident and enthusiastic team player. Comfortable working within a fast-paced environment. Unquestionable personal integrity, excellent judgement, sound instincts, and a commitment to achieving fiscal goals. Good sense of humor and the ability to work in a team environment.
How to Apply
Resume, cover letter, and a Diocesan Employment Application must be received by Friday, November 12, 2021.
Please send to:
Sarah Huffman, Advancement Administrative Assistant
Catholic Central High School
319 Sheldon Blvd
Grand Rapids, MI 49503