Fundraising Events Manager
Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park
About the Position
Position Summary: The Fundraising Events Manager plans and executes Meijer Gardens’ two annual fundraising events (Great Gardens Party and Christmas Cabaret Holiday Gala) and serves as the liaison to each special event committee. In addition, the Manager is responsible for soliciting and stewarding prospects and donors/sponsors for each event, the Metro Health Christmas & Holiday Traditions exhibition, and other programs, activities, and exhibitions.
Supervisor: Director of Philanthropy & Membership
Pay Type: Full Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
- During the budget process, works with Director to establish budgetary goals; manages revenue and expense budgets.
- Manages all aspects of Great Gardens Party and Christmas Cabaret Holiday Gala.
- Coordinates 10 – 12 private events and experiences to fulfill auction packages purchased at the Great Gardens Party.
- Serves as staff liaison to the event committees; responsible for developing agenda, follow up minutes, email reminders, and periodic reports.
- Secures cash sponsorships and in-kind gifts for fundraising events and the Metro Health Christmas & Holiday Traditions exhibition
- Works effectively with Communications, Hospitality, Facilities, Volunteer, Membership, and other departments to promote and stage events.
- With the aid of the Gift Processing Specialist and Annual Funds Manager, ensures appropriate recognition and benefit fulfillment for corporate sponsors and individual donors.
- Maintains current and accurate donor information in Raiser’s Edge (RE) database including but not limited to
- up-to-date contact, activity, notes, media and relationship information, and proposal status.
- Provides support as needed to other events and projects in the Philanthropy & Membership departments.
- Meets at least weekly with Director to discuss ongoing department progress and activity schedule.
- Provides reports and/or special assignments to Director.
- All other duties assigned by Director.
- Embrace and adhere to Meijer Gardens’ mission, brand statement, operating model, policies, procedures, and guiding principles with a strong emphasis on professional behavior and the treatment of others with dignity and respect
- Embrace the fact we are a non-profit institution that serves the public and that you will work with a broad and diverse group of employees, volunteers, members, and guests
- A flexible and collaborative culture is important. Other duties may be assigned within the department as well as across the organization.
Education and/or qualifications preferred:
Education: Bachelor of Arts degree or any combination of equivalent education, training, and work experience
Experience: Previous events management; fundraising experience preferred
Skills/Knowledge/Licenses: Strong working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge software preferred; other database experience required; good communication skills; Ability to multi-task, be flexible and quick in decision-making, work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize tasks, manage time, work with a team, and openly communicate with others.
Working Conditions: Regular office environment; occasional assignment to off-shift duties and outdoor assignments related to special events and the Fifth Third Bank Summer Concerts at Meijer Gardens series. Requires an ability to operate a computer and other office equipment. Mobility in office, grounds and exhibition areas required. Ability to lift up to 10 pounds frequently and up to 25 pounds occasionally.
How to Apply
About the Organization
All candidates are required to submit to our background and drug screening process.
Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park promotes the enjoyment, understanding and appreciation
of gardens, sculpture, the natural environment and the arts.