Fund Development Specialist
Girl Scouts Heart of Michigan
The Fund Development Specialist will develop cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for a significant population of major giving donors.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office will be located in the Kalamazoo Regional Center.
- Implement the fund development plan for assigned geographic areas and donor, to meet monthly benchmarks and yearly goals.
- Successfully manage assigned number of prospects from identification through cultivation and solicitation.
- Effectively identify and cultivate new donors resulting in gifts and pledges.
- Working with staff and volunteers, will successfully manage assigned prospects through cultivation and solicitation.
- Review, update, and manage donor lists on an on-going basis to solicit donors at the appropriate solicitation levels.
- Work with Fund Development Team Leader and Chief Development Officer to hone, and if needed, develop strategies that will encourage increased giving.
- Represent GSHOM at appropriate community events and meetings. Motivate donors and community leaders to make Girl Scouts Heart of Michigan their organization of choice for giving.
- Manage and participate in solicitations and stewardship activities including small group meetings, professional presentations, and events.
- Complete research on prospective donors/community leaders and initiate appropriate contact.
- Update donor database regularly when contact with every donor is made.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to effectively manage an ongoing program, set priorities, and manage objectives.
- Must have highly developed interpersonal skills and have the ability to make the “ask.”
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Thorough understanding of local as well as regional markets.
- Willing to become a member of Girl Scouts annually.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Full-time position and will work up to 40 hours each week. May work over scheduled hours during peak seasons and depending upon need.
- Position requires candidates to work evenings and weekends.
Must have own transportation, valid driver’s license and the ability to travel council wide. Frequent travel within the council to various meeting locations with staff and work fund raising events. Travel is primarily during the business day and evening hours. Some overnight travel is expected.
Operates in a professional office environment and in assigned communities, cultivating and strengthening relationships with community partners and donors. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
- Goal Focused and Mission Oriented
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Results Driven
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- Experience creating plans, budgets, and timelines preferred
- Knowledge of Girl Scout program preferred
- Demonstrated success with obtaining gifts and annual giving preferred
- Must possess knowledge of volunteer organizations preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team to organize and oversee work assignments and create and carry out multi-faceted plans preferred
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employer Paid Life and Disability
- Voluntary Life
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation, Sick, Personal and Holiday Pay
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply:
To apply please include a cover letter, resume, and employment application.
Applications accepted by:
Subject Line: Fund Development Specialist – Kalamazoo
To apply via mail:
Girl Scouts Heart of Michigan
601 W Maple
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
Equal Employment Opportunities Statement
Girl Scouts Heart of Michigan provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.