Fund Development Coordinator
Heritage Community of Kalamazoo
About the Position
This position is primarily responsible for ensuring the smooth administration of fund development operations and written communications, as well as oversee the volunteer program. Duties include general administration and database management, event coordination, social media and donor communications. Office-based professional office position, averaging 40 hours per week with occasional night/weekend hours. Seeking candidate with fund development experience, strong oral and written communications, and at a minimum, an associate’s degree. Competitive salary and benefits.
Reports to: VP of Fund Development
Pay Grade: 7
Duties include general database management, fundraising event coordinator, social media and donor communications. Office-based professional office position, averaging 40 hours per week with occasional night/weekend hours.
With the direction of the VP for Fund Development assist efforts to secure gifts by helping to coordinate, produce and mail appeal letters, prepare solicitation packets and track incoming gifts, prepare social media posts and other communications. Assist the President & CEO of Heritage Community of Kalamazoo and the VP of Fund Development with efforts to secure gifts.
- Maintain donor records
- Generate reports
- Conduct prospect research
- Assist with social media management, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Website.
- Monitor key newspapers and magazines for donor-related information
- Prepare donor packets
- Send out mailings
- Track donor visits
- Prepares grants and final reports
- Write news releases, newsletter articles, and other communications, including social media for publication
- Creates print/social media materials
Special Events (35%)
Assist in the planning, production and follow-up of special events.
- Maintain guest lists including contact information and put contact information of participants into Raiser’s Edge
- Coordinate various aspects of events to ensure success
- Prepare written communications
- Provide support to fundraising consultants and other staff who are working on events
- Facilitates and plans donor cultivation and recognition events.
- Creates invitations and communications for events.
- Handle event reservations
- Assure event record-keeping is integrated into Raiser’s Edge
Administration and Support (15%)
- Enter and maintain records in Raiser’s Edge, including entry of gift, contact and visit information
- Generate timely acknowledgments and donor pledge correspondence
- Create fundraising reports
- Help manage development volunteers
- Maintain development calendar
- Report gifts for deposit; charge and process credit card donations and, on a monthly basis with the Finance Manager, reconcile all receipts
- Maintain electronic and hard copy development files
- Provide administrative support to Foundation Board of Directors and Foundation Board committees: schedule and prepare for meetings, maintain minutes, send out minutes to attending and absent members
- Assist with production of development materials and special projects
- Maintain and convey an understanding of the HCK Foundation’s structure, programs and work
- Maintain a positive and encouraging environment for co-workers and volunteers
- Execute and coordinate mailings for resident mailings and segmented donor appeals
- Maintain the VP of Fund Development’s calendar as requested
- Perform other administrative and clerical duties as needed.
Volunteer Support (15%)
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for the oversight and management of the volunteer program and the support of volunteers who provide services and programs for Heritage Community of Kalamazoo. Volunteer Coordinator recruits, equips, convenes, and supports staff and volunteers. Volunteer Coordinator provides direction, coordination, and consultation for all volunteer functions within the organization.
- Develop, promote, and maintain a wide range of volunteer opportunities that are aligned with targeted outcomes that meet the goals and objectives of Heritage Community of Kalamazoo
- Orient volunteers to increase their understanding of the organization, its clients, its services and the role and responsibilities of volunteers with the help of other staff as needed
- Maintain volunteer service descriptions for each volunteer position
- Develop and manage volunteer policies, procedures, and standards of volunteer service
- Organize and participate in volunteer recognition programs and special events
- Evaluate all aspects of volunteer programming to ensure effectiveness and to recommend and implement changes as appropriate
- Maintain accurate records and provide timely statistical and activity reports on volunteer participation
- Develop and maintain relationships with community-based organizations in the area
- Provide ongoing support and guidance for volunteers
Knowledge and Critical Skills / Expertise
This position requires experience in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Also experience in written communications and event coordination.
- A minimum of 5 years of administrative support experience required
- Two to four years of experience in annual giving/development preferred
- Experienced with Raiser’s Edge software preferred
- Associates degree; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated superior interpersonal and teamwork skills
How to Apply
To view job description and begin your application, go to http://www.heritagecommunity.com/careers