Foundation Operations Manager
About the Position
The Foundation Operations Manager is a key associate at Hope Network, who is a technical expert in Blackbaud products, and responsible for ensuring that the Raiser’s Edge, RE NXT, and Luminate databases directly support the fundraising, advocacy, public relations, government relations, and programmatic initiatives of Hope Network.
The Manager will also serve as a liaison with Finance, managing all gift reconciliation, queries, and weekly/monthly reporting; as well as with service line leadership – coordinating partnership opportunities and funding solutions through the Greatest Need Fund.
Finally, the Manager will direct Foundation communications and operations, and provide general event support as directed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned.
1. Serve as the product owner and expert for both the Raiser’s Edge and Luminate – including advising the Foundation team of product capabilities (i.e. Wealth Screening, Email Appends, Address Updates, Obituary Registry, etc.).
a. Update donor records with accurate information.
b. Record donor gifts and prepare thank you acknowledgements within 48 hours.
c. Record donor pledges, prepare invoices, and oversee open pledges.
d. Prepare weekly and monthly gift reports and reconciliation for Finance.
e. Create donor query reports and/or mailing lists as needed.
f. Create and manage event registrations and prepare guest lists.
g. Maintain database integrity.
2. Coordinating with the Finance Department, ensure Foundation gift and financial reports are balanced and accurate. Produce monthly financial reports, Business Review documents, and coordinate invoices, revenue and expense details for special and third-party events.
3. Partner with the Finance (Tax) Department to prepare annual renewal applications of Hope Network License(s) to Solicit.
4. Leads and manages assigned stages of Foundation projects, including a new employee giving campaign and the United Way Campaign.
5. Liaise with service line leadership to manage and strategically align Greatest Need Fund grant opportunities with affiliates based on Hope Network priorities.
6. Manage Foundation responsibilities for all events and works directly with Events staff to execute events.
a. Develop and maintain a volunteer staffing plan, including creating job assignments, soliciting volunteers, writing volunteer job descriptions/instructions, communication plans, training, and supervising volunteers at events.
b. Assist with on-site event production logistics, including set-up/tear-down, event flow, speakers’ needs/expectations, various outside vendors, and guest experience.
c. Serve as a brand ambassador by building strong relationships with key vendors, donors, and partners throughout the community.
7. Working closely with the Foundation Executive Director, prepare the Foundation Board meeting packets, including board resolutions and other necessary documents.
8. Attend Foundation Board meetings, take minutes, and report them out as requested.
9. Manage Foundation donor and constituent communications.
a. Facilitate communication with Board members on behalf of the Foundation and Hope Network leadership.
b. Create and deploy monthly E-Newsletter.
c. Create and manage Foundation communications schedule.
d. Manage donor e-communications, including electronic appeals.
e. Assist with the creation of annual Impact Report.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Minimum Bachelor Degree.
Experience in lieu of degree may be considered.
2. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written), including strong presentation skills and emotional intelligence
3. Positive attitude with a friendly and welcoming demeanor.
4. Must have some experience with basic accounting.
5. Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive; a self-starter with the ability to work well independently and in a team setting.
6. Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
7. Ability to hold in confidence, information received while performing assigned duties.
8. Must be able to articulate and actively support the mission of Hope Network to various audiences.
9. Personal, ethical, social and financial values compatible with the mission of Hope Network.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. 5+ years’ experience with
Raiser’s Edge/RE NXT
2. 5+ years of project management experience.
3. Proven experience with managing plans, timelines, and budgets.
4. Experience with working in a non-profit environment.
5. Experience with managing events preferred.
How to Apply
Please apply online on our website: https://careers-hopenetwork.icims.com/jobs/10288/foundation-operations-manager/job?mode=view
Email resumes to Liana Trevino (mobile: 616-204-0996), recruiter: email@example.com for immediate consideration.