Open Doors Kalamazoo
About the Position
Open Doors Kalamazoo seeks a passionate and knowledgeable ED about the journey of its guests and community residents. The ED will be a goal-oriented, versatile leader committed to ODK’s mission. They will be someone who values the diversity of all people within the organization and the communities it serves. The next leader will be a positive cultural influencer who leads with transparency and is ready to represent and empower the staff to create an environment of growth. Meeting the evolving needs of the Kalamazoo community should be the compass that drives the ED as an industry thought leader on topics, trends, and developments in housing. The ED will report to and guide the BOD.
This position offers a competitive salary with strong benefits. Recognizing the experience and skills required to lead ODK forward, the Board of Directors benchmarked compensation to confirm market rates. Total compensation will be based on experience, skills, and attributes, starting at $120,000. Relocation assistance is negotiable.
Some specific requirements include:
- Successful experience working with a BOD and volunteer-supported organization with a strong knowledge of non-profit governance and empowering boards in their success.
- Recent and lived experience expanding diversity, equity, and inclusion so that women, people of color, LGBTQ+ community members, and people with a range of abilities or religious minorities’ voices are uplifted, recognized, and heard.
- Proven ability to build strong external relationships with volunteers, public leadership, partner organizations, and other stakeholders.
- Track record in financial management, stewardship, and strategies to increase revenue successfully.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in leadership, with documented ability to manage staff and lead teams, ideally with expertise in the nonprofit sector and engaged with people in recovery from substance use disorder.
How to Apply
TO APPLY, PLEASE CLICK HERE: https://bit.ly/Open-Doors-Kalamazoo_Executive-Director
To assure the confidential tracking of all applicants, no applications will be accepted via email. ALL INQUIRIES WILL BE HELD IN STRICT CONFIDENCE.
This search is being managed by Heather Eddy, President, and CEO, and Abby Johnson, Project Manager of KEES. Questions may be addressed to email@example.com.
KEES (formerly Alford Executive Search) is a nonprofit executive search firm that buildsdiverse teams and dynamic leaders in the nonprofit and public entity sectors. A woman-owned and operated firm, KEES offers a full array of nonprofit consulting services including executive search, leadership development, interim staffing, and HR support. For more information, please visit www.kees2success.com
KEES has been exclusively retained by Open Doors Kalamazoo in its search for an Executive Director. https://bit.ly/Open-Doors-Kalamazoo_Executive-Director
About the Organization
ODK opens the door to help guests soar above the many challenges brought on by experiencing homelessness. This community is more than just a place to live. It is a loving and supportive network where residents and guests will find financial stability, belonging, and the time they need to flourish. With over 50 years of experience, ODK offers two shelters and a Residency Community open to diverse families, men, women, and LGBTQ+ guests. All are welcome; special accommodations are available, which include supportive rooms for those with a range of abilities. To learn more, please visit www.opendoorskalamazoo.org
Open Doors Kalamazoo is committed to being inclusive in all areas of diversity in its employment, operations, programs, and services and prohibits discrimination based on, but not limited to, race, ethnicity, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, socioeconomic status, history of incarceration or conviction record, citizenship, political affiliation, nationality, immigration status, language, ancestry, family and marital status, veteran status, genetics, height, and weight.