About the Organization
The Kent County Family and Children’s Coordinating Council convened community leaders and investors to participate in a systemic, collaborative, collective impact initiative in an effort to ensure academic success and economic prosperity for all children. Community stakeholders from business, education, philanthropy, human services, faith, non-profit and grassroots organizations committed to engaging in this new model of collaboration.
In the summer of 2014, the initiative officially became an independent non-profit known as KConnect. Using the collective impact framework, the new organization serves as the backbone, or support organization for eight strategic workgroups and community stakeholders invested in our common vision.
KConnect is a network of public and private organizations working to advance a collective movement aimed at ensuring all children in Kent County have a clear path to economic prosperity through quality education, family, and community supports.
Fundamental to our vision is that we are committed to nothing less than closing the unacceptable achievement gaps for students living in poverty and children of color, and increasing the achievement for all students from cradle to college to career.
In fall of 2014, KConnect launched the first of its Strategic Workgroups. Through workgroups, the Board of Trustees, and general supporters – over 150 individuals from nearly 100 unique organizations are creating a different future for Kent County’s children.
About the Position
LOCATION: KConnect, 1633 E. Beltline Ave NE, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49525
PART-TIME: 20 hours per week
COMPENSATION: $17 – $20/hour
DATE: September 2018
Reporting to the President, the Executive Assistant will:
- Provide a wide range of administrative support services to the President.
- Assist with processes related to financial operations, grant writing, and grant reporting
- Assist as needed with communication updates and content curation for KConnect’s website, blog, twitter and Facebook.
- Facilitate ongoing internal stakeholder communications as requested.
- Assist with scheduling stakeholder meetings and events.
- Prepare for workgroup meetings including scheduling, meeting packet distribution, and meeting logistical planning.
- Draft, edit and distribute meeting materials.
- Assist with payroll and accounting process activities.
- Maintain virtual filing and organizational systems (Trello, Connect, etc).
- Complete special projects and other assignments as requested.
- Manage communication within a fast-paced environment via email, phone and text as needed.
- Manage President’s daily calendar and schedule.
- Attend internal meetings on behalf of the President if necessary.
- Support a fun, ambitious, and goal-oriented team culture.
- Value the need for greater inclusivity and equity
- Excellent listening and note taking skills
- Comfort with data and metrics
- Excellent organizational skills
- Time and task oriented
- Working knowledge of social media
- Hard working and detail oriented
- Politically astute
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Prior relevant experience
- Pitch in spirit
- Sense of humor
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter and current resume to Pamela Parriott, at email@example.com.