About the Position
Aquinas College in Grand Rapids, Michigan, is accepting applications for the position of Events Manager.
Summary and Purpose
This position is responsible for planning and executing all events for the Office of Advancement. The position also develops strategic sponsorship opportunities and collaborates with Advancement team members to raise revenue from corporate sponsors for the College.
• Works as part of the Alumni & Community Relations team, supporting one another’s projects and identifying ways to maximize resources to achieve individual and common goals.
• Leads annual event planning and calendar management to ensure event-related touchpoints are appropriate and spaced throughout the year.
• Works with President, Vice Presidents and Directors to set vision for major donor and alumni events.
• Plans and manages all aspects of alumni and donor events, from inception to post-event follow up. This includes:
Fundraising events (e.g., Wege Pro-Am).
Stewardship and Recognition events (e.g., Holmdene Garden Party, President’s Breakfast, Grand Opening and campus celebrations, Legacy Luncheon, Scholarship Luncheon, Christmas Fete).
Alumni events (e.g., Homecoming, mixers, regional events, golf outing, reunions, Grad Fest, Toast to the Tassel, Welcome Home Reception, Christmas events).
Community Relations events (e.g., Blessing of the Dogs).
Creates and manages a master checklist for each event that includes pre-event tasks (hosts intake meeting, distributes guest lists to Cabinet, sets prep meetings for President, VP and Gift Officers, etc.), day-of tasks (room setup, food and beverage orders, floral orders, print materials/takeaways, etc.) and post-event tasks (hosts debrief meeting, prepares plans for post-event communication with guests, etc.).
Works in Raiser’s Edge to create event records. Works with Marketing to create online registration forms; monitors guest RSVPs.
Collaborates with partners across the College, (e.g., the AQ Advantage Center, Admissions, Student Affairs and Athletics) to support events that involve alumni and donors and seeks new opportunities to engage alumni and donors in existing campus events.
Analyzes sponsorship needs and opportunities and develops an annual menu of corporate sponsorship options that can be presented to prospective corporate sponsors.
Ensures sponsorship benefits are performed, presents results to sponsors and works to deepen relationships with sponsor partners.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Education Requirements:
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university, ideally with a focus in communication, Advancement/Development and/or marketing.
• Must have at least three years of experience in a development, marketing, or events field.
• Must demonstrate an understanding of strategic planning and experience with cross-functional teams with multiple stakeholders.
• Experience with Raiser’s Edge database and social media.
• Must have strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to travel as required.
• Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required.
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
How to Apply
To apply, the posting can be found here: https://live.dominionsystems.com/Payroll/applicantPostingListNL.aspx?code=AQN1
About the Organization
Aquinas College, located in Grand Rapids, Michigan, an inclusive educational community rooted in the Catholic Dominican tradition, provides a liberal arts education with a global perspective, emphasizing career preparation focused on leadership, service to others, and a lifelong passion for learning. Aquinas offers an inclusive and welcoming environment. Aquinas College is committed to recruiting talented and diverse faculty and staff who are capable of exposing its students to a wide range of cultures and perspectives and whose presence on the campus will enhance the diversity of the community in which the College resides.