About the Position
Under the supervision of the System Director: Identifies, cultivates, and solicits philanthropic support by developing and maintaining relationships with a portfolio of assigned prospects. Develops, manages and executes grateful patient program across the healthcare system. Administers donor recognition and stewardship strategies.
Shift: First Shift
Time Type: Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Duties and Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Working closely with hospital departments and donors to create and execute the grateful patient program.
- Manage donor recognition and stewardship strategies including creating plaques and naming opportunities, management of giving societies, and oversight of annual President’s Circle event.
- Provide content and stories for the Bronson Health Foundation eNewsletter, website and social media platforms.
- Maintain small portfolio of donors not a major gift level.
- Develop and implement a retail strategy to support Bronson.
have current driver’s license in the State of Michigan.
- Familiarity with electronic donor record keeping, working knowledge of Blackbaud’s Raiser Edge Software preferred.
- Knowledge of fundraising/development concepts and appropriate solicitation techniques.
- Strong verbal and professional written communication skills.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal and human relations skills. Ability to maintain relationships with significant and influential individuals.
- Ability to solicit gifts.
- Ability to adapt and respond to various situations.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of Bronson personnel and members of the community.
- Has the ability to communicate in a logical, influential and persuasive manner in order to create confidence and trust in donors.
- Work which produces levels of mental/visual fatigue which are typical of jobs that perform a wide variety of duties with frequent and significant uncontrollable deadlines. Work may include the operation of and full attention to a personal computer or CRT up to 40 percent of the time. The job produces some physical demands. Typical of jobs that include regular walking, standing, stooping, bending, sitting, and some lifting of light weight objects.
Education and experience equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree and three to five years related experience.
How to Apply
Application instructions: https://bronsonhg.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/newhires/job/Bronson-Methodist-Hospital/Engagement-Officer_JOB09508