Donor Relations Specialist
Habitat for Humanity Kent County
About the Position
Description: The Donor Relations Specialist, in accordance with Habitat for Humanity Kent County’s mission, vision, and core values is responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding businesses and corporate partners to further the mission of Habitat Kent. This position is part of the Resource Development team and works closely with Volunteer Services and Gift in Kind to ensure business and corporate partners are being engaged on many levels. The Donor Relations Specialist coordinates the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship efforts through strategic communications, mission-driven donor experiences, and relationship building.
- Comprehensive health/dental and life insurance
- Flexible spending plan
- Paid time off; paid holidays
- A 403b retirement plan with employer match
- Salary Range $55,000-$60,000
Relationship Planning & Building
- Creates strategy and direction for corporate giving program, including
a portfolio of approximately 125-150 corporate donors, with direction and
approval of Director of Development
- Manages donor identification and portfolio growth; oversees cultivation and written proposal plans for projects and campaigns
- Leads grant and proposal writing for portfolio
- Works closely with volunteer services to coordinate volunteer days
for donors in portfolio and builds new relationships with corporate volunteer groups to grow donor portfolio
- Oversees relationships with corporations to engage volunteers; facilitate relationships
- Visits volunteer work sites to network and personally thank corporate
- Contributes to stewardship reports and materials
- Works with cross-functional communications team to develop communications pieces for corporate audiences.
- Works with Communications Specialist to develop and support volunteer engagement and giving goals for corporate partners.
- Updates donor database regarding donor interactions, communications, and plans
Essential Job Qualifications
- Sense of urgency, collaborative team style, and ability to quickly adapt to changes in priorities with strong decision-making skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks for timely project completions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Hard worker with strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to cultivate and maintain relationships with a broad array of people.
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, Power Point and donor database systems.
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Flexible schedule with availability some nights and weekends
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority.
- Bachelor of Arts in Development, Marketing or a related field
- Understands and values racial equity as an organizational operating principle and is committed to continued learning on issues related to race, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Data base experience
- Three to five years of successful fundraising experience
- Grant Writing experience
- Experience in non-profit corporate development
- Willingness to participate in home builds with volunteers
- Construction knowledge
How to Apply
Send your resume with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls or walk-ins.
About the Organization
Habitat for Humanity of Kent County seeks to put God’s love into action by bringing people together to build homes, community, and hope. Our vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live. Learn more at Habitatkent.org
Diversity and inclusion are valued and contribute to the success of our organization. Habitat Kent is committed to building a diverse staff. We strive to create a workplace that is reflective of the communities of color we serve. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
We have implemented a complete COVID Preparedness and Response Plan. This position will work remotely temporarily or as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer