Director of Fund Development
About the Position
At Emmanuel Hospice, we view our work as our ministry and our service as our calling. This means valuing every stage of living, including the process of dying. We are governed by the needs and wishes of our patients and their families; we are called to ease the burdens of advanced illnesses; and we are growing our expanding team.
As the Director of Fund Development at Emmanuel Hospice, you will experience a rewarding work life while contributing to our team in a part-time, salaried position. This position will work in conjunction with the Executive Director and Board to ensure sustainability of the organization to carry out our mission.
Emmanuel Hospice offers:
- A competitive compensation, including mileage reimbursement
- A generous PTO package
- A matching 403(b) plan
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance available on date of hire
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities
- Generous bereavement leave
- Self-care coaching
- Employee Assistance Program and Employer-paid Life and Short-term Disability
- Management and implementation of day-to-day fund development activities in order to raise funds for the operations and special programs of Emmanuel Hospice; including appeals, grants, events, donor cultivation and relationship building.
- Manages and executes 2-3 fund development events logistics (1 major), including management of the event planning committee
- Develops and implements strategies for major donor identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. Plans and conducts personal face to face visits with major donors that include the Executive Director and/or Board of Directors when appropriate.
- Oversees management and oversight of donor database (DonorPerfect)
- Assists with the facilitation of Emmanuel Hospice’s patient wish program by coordinating in-kind and financial donations.
- Works collaboratively with the Executive Director and Committee to set and achieve fund development goals annually.
The successful candidate will
have a proven track record for implementation of a successful fund development
program who can maintain focus in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment.
This candidate must be proficient in Microsoft, Word, Excel, and have
experience with donor management software. This position requires flexibility in adapting to
the changing needs of the industry, organization, as well as flexible hours
related to a variable workload. 2 years of fundraising experience and a passion
for interfaith hospice care required. Experience in healthcare preferred.
How to Apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://emmanuelhospice.org/careers/
About the Organization
Emmanuel Hospice is an interfaith nonprofit hospice provider serving a 50-mile radius of our office in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Our mission is to provide exemplary spiritual and physical care creating a peaceful experience for the dying and their loved ones. Emmanuel Hospice provides care through an interdisciplinary team, including nurses, social workers, spiritual caregivers, complementary therapy specialists, grief support counselors, and volunteers.