Director of Foundation and Corporate Relations
About the Position
Classification: Administrative Staff- Full Time
Reports To: Vice President for Institutional Advancement
Position Summary: The Director of Foundation and Corporate Relations is responsible for the development and implementation of strategies for the solicitation of gifts from foundations and corporations to support University goals and priorities. This includes the preparation and presentation of proposals and other materials to generate interest on the part of these important constituent groups.
• Create a vision and strategy for a sophisticated foundation and corporate relations program that will build strong relationships with appropriate constituent groups in order to support University goals and priorities.
• Maintain a thorough research program to determine the giving patterns of local, regional and national foundations and corporations.
• Develop an active list of contacts in order to interact with external sources for the procurement of gifts and grants.
• Coordinate the proposal process to include arrangement of meetings, drafting preliminary inquiries, development of timetables, review of proposals and assurance of interdepartmental coordination.
• Prepare proposals and related materials to potential funders in coordination with individuals from campus as required.
• Create and maintain an annual operating plan, which includes a calendar and measurable goals.
• Maintain a central file of proposals, technical and financial records and reports, and a clearinghouse for proposals and application forms.
• Prepare regular communications to familiarize deans, faculty and others about the trends and interests of foundations and corporations.
• Keep abreast of federal and state legislation, which would have a direct or indirect bearing on the preparation of proposals.
• Coordinate, as necessary, with the Director of Grant Programs so as to share pertinent university program information that would be helpful for all University grants and proposals.
• Assure appropriate follow-up and tracking by monitoring status and outcome of proposals after submission, tracking all details of the proposal process.
• Assist in the preparation of proposals and other projects to non-foundation or corporation projects as requested.
• Travel as needed and appropriate to support foundation and corporate relationships.
• Assist with Development and other Institutional Advancement functions as needed and necessary.
• Perform other duties as requested, delegated or assigned.
Qualifications, Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of three years of related experience in a similar position that includes a heavy emphasis on relationship building and writing assignments.
• Outstanding written communication skills, including experience in proposal writing and organization of reports and budgets.
• Ability to work independently while planning and organizing multiple tasks within a team setting.
• Familiarity with prospect management systems
• Knowledge of advancement data systems
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to clearly articulate the mission of Carroll University.
• Experience in establishing rapport with individuals in the foundation and corporate arena.
• Ability to generate contacts and meetings while preparing the necessary written proposals and other materials.
• Must be a people person, with the ability to interact with internal and external audiences.
• Excellent presentation skills are critical.
• Diplomacy, tact and courtesy are paramount.
• Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and review work in order to meet schedules is essential.
• Requires the ability to analyze situations and implement appropriate actions and responses.
• Strong writing skills in order to develop professional reports, strategic plans and correspondence are very important.
• Should have the ability to take initiative and follow through with minimal supervision.
• Demonstration of integrity, positive attitude and a sense of humor.
• Candidates must be willing and able to support and advance the University mission (http://www.carrollu.edu/about/missionstatement.asp).
How to Apply
Please reference job #1819-076 and submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
100 N. East Avenue
Waukesha, WI 53186
About the Organization
Carroll University does not discriminate in any manner contrary to law or justice on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran’s status in administration of programs or in the employment of faculty and staff. EOE