Director of Donor Development
Donor Relations, Major Gifts, Public Relations
The person in this position is responsible to the Executive Director for management of all aspects of donor relations, including cultivating major gifts, fundraising, and public relations for Starlight Ministries, Inc.
The Director of donor development will create strategies to increase the organization’s support from individuals, corporations, foundations, and other referral sources. The Director works in conjunction with the strategic plan and supports the business planning efforts.
Donor Development and Fundraising Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Plan, coordinate, and implement strategies to develop strong relationships with current donors, while also cultivating new donors for the ministry.
- Solicit donations through individual, face to face meetings with donors and prospects
- Develop a variety of methods to cultivate potential major donors, which may include small private events.
- Follow up after initial donor contact; facilitate PR in collaboration with ED
- Professional, energetic participation in team meetings for the sharing of ideas, feedback, and collaboration.
- Oversee and utilize donor database system
- Delegates tasks and responsibilities appropriately.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience necessary.
- Demonstrates decision making skills and project management skills with high attention to detail.
- Minimum four years’ experience in donor relations, fundraising, event planning, and public relations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of fundraising, event planning, marketing and public relations.
- Demonstrates excellence in written, oral and listening communications
- Demonstrates proficiency with information technology and ability to oversee the use of fundraising software.
- Must demonstrate the ability to balance multiple projects with high-level accuracy in a deadline driven environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team with a positive attitude.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills and ability to plan and prioritize tasks
- Ability to engage and inspire volunteers.
Terms of Employment:
The terms of employment for the Donor Development Director position will be for 1 year. Evaluations to be done in the first 6 months and yearly thereafter. Continued employment will be subject to board approval and employee consent.
The environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounter while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee works in an office environment with frequent travel. Position requires periods of sitting, working at a computer, person to person and telephone contact and driving. Requires the ability to stand, walk, feel, speak, hear and see.
How to Apply
Please email resume to Gwen@StarlightMin.org