Director of Development
Mel Trotter Ministries
About the Position
The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of Mel Trotter Ministries fundraising including the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving and special events. The Director works closely with the Vice President of Advancement and Communication in all development and fundraising endeavors and strategies.
This position will manage and lead a robust team of 5-7 Development Officers/Gift Advisors, and oversee at least two critical vendor relationships at all times, namely, Money for Ministry and the Barnabas Foundation.
The Director of Development will also be responsible for analyzing and reporting of YoY revenue results, moves management indicators and results, and overall market trends.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Classification: Full-time, Exempt.
Reports to: Vice President of Advancement
- Manage and grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them
- Oversee the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives
- Oversee fundraising special events in conjunction with Corporate Sponsorship and Events Specialist
- Direct employee fundraising drives
- Oversee prospect research
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems
- Supervise and collaborate with other fundraising staff
- Contribute to the creation of publications to support fund raising activities
- Maintain gift recognition programs
- Perform other related duties as requested
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of five years of professional fundraising experience, with 5-10 years preferred
- CRM understanding and experience, specifically as it relates to responsive fundraising
- Knowledgeable and experienced in fundraising techniques, including major gift, business and enterprise, and new and recurring donor fundraising
- Established leader, skillful in motivating staff, and volunteers
- Interacts skillfully and is highly connected in the community, adept at building relationships
- Highly organized, with a proven track record of follow-through and goal achievement
- Professional verbal and written communication
- Exhibits consistently positive behaviors, demonstrates self-awareness, excellent conflict resolution skills, and active listening
How to Apply
- Visit https://www.meltrotter.org/givehelp/careers?ref=top_nav to complete the application process and upload your resume and any letters you wish to include
- Email your resume directly to Marcy, our VP of HR email@example.com
About the Organization
We are innovative, empathetic and compassionate difference-makers. We walk alongside people as they transform their lives. We strive to impact our community, ending homelessness, one person at a time. Do you share our innovative and driven love of people, and do you want to make a difference? Join our team, see what we can do together, through the power and compassion of Jesus Christ.
Mel Trotter Ministries Staff Attributes
We expect all staff to project and exemplify passion to a faith-based approach to advocacy for the guests, to be humble, supportive team players, who acknowledge their own gifts and those of others, are truthfully transparent, seek input from others, admit and learn from mistakes, are highly coachable and approachable. We expect a hungry, innovative, goal-oriented, eager contributor, who shows a dedicated work ethic. We expect our staff to exhibit empathy, compassion, active listening, to be self- aware, sensitive across racial, class and cultural lines, ethical, and approachable. We look for work habits of punctuality, dependability, accountability, responsibility, cooperation, team participation, integrity, problem solving, and overall positivity.
These attributes, combined with the performance of one’s duties and achievement of goals will be equated with the quality of one’s overall job performance. Please refer to them often and feel free to ask for feedback on these areas regularly.