Director of Development
About the Position
Position Summary The Director of Development sets a strategic vision and leads the development team to ensure Grace’s Table meets revenue goals and is financially sustainable. The Director of Development will lead direct reports and be responsible for identifying, cultivating, and stewarding individuals, foundations, and corporations.
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $60,000 – $70,000
Reports To: Executive Director
Supervisory Duties: Development Team
Work Environment: This role requires work onsite and in the community with occasional evening events.
- Physical requirements include a typical office environment including sitting at a computer screen and exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach.
- The job entails standing for periods of time.
- 3 weeks of vacation
- 10 Paid Holidays and Generous Sick Policy
- Health, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Wellness Stipend; EAP
- Simple IRA with up to 3% Match
- Create a strategic revenue growth plan annually with new prospects, inclusive of foundation/corporate/institutional partners, sponsors, individual donors, and new assets/initiatives, and will actively seek and develop opportunities to foster sustainable development.
- In partnership with the Board of Directors and executive team, will drive the development and implementation of multi-year strategic and financial plans for the organization’s efficient management.
- Monitor financial expenditures and progress to ensure a high ROI in meeting organizational goals.
- Effectively utilize GT technology platforms (Bloomerang, etc.) to support donor relationship management, marketing, communications, and growth.
- Lead proposal writing and impact reporting to donors to illustrate the impact of funding and partnership with GT.
- Connect and develop relationships with major donors and new donor prospects.
- Attend team and organizational meetings, activities, trainings, and events.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- CFRE (Certified Fundraising Executive) – pursuing or maintaining a plus
- Membership in AFP and a local / national planned giving professional society is preferred
- Seven (7) or more years of relevant experience is preferred
- Four (4) or more years of management experience is preferred
- Experience working with at-risk populations is preferred
- Must pass rigorous background checks
- Valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance
Skills and Attributes:
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong working relationships and influence with multiple stakeholders
- Proven track record of achieving financial goals & successful strategies
- Be a champion of the values of GT throughout the organization and in the community.
How to Apply
To be considered for the position, applicants must send their cover letter and resume via email to Jeana@gracestable.com