Director of Development and Communications
About the Position
Position Summary: In accordance with Resthaven’s mission ‘To glorify God by providing a continuum of quality care and services to individuals that demonstrates the love and compassion of Jesus Christ’, plan, develop, execute, and maintain a comprehensive private and public sector fund-raising program on behalf of Resthaven and to enhance the mission, vision, and values established by the Board of Trustees.
The salary range starts at $70k, and is negotiable based on experience.
Reports To: CEO / President
Location: Administrative Offices
Status: Full-time (1.0 FTE)
FLSA Status: Exempt
- Design and implementation of a comprehensive development program and appropriate marketing strategies including annual giving, capital campaigns, and deferred giving programs.
- Manage company brand and reputation.
- Ensure public views the organization favorably.
- Create and launch press releases and marketing campaigns.
- Assist in finding opportunities to feature Resthaven through various channels (radio, TV, Internet, etc.)
- Ensure that all opportunities for the CEO are fully vetted.
- Drive corporate strategy and message development, pitch and announcement strategies.
- Develop branding initiatives, internal communications and Determines communications strategy and execute programs to deliver communications objectives throughout the organization.
- Develop communication strategies for delivery of corporate culture and business strategy.
- Manage media relations and maximize media opportunities.
- Develop internal publications such as newsletters, releases, email announcements, planned publications, on-line, intranet, video, special projects and assignments.
- Create rich and creative web and app content that is optimized for search engines.
- Supervise Sales Counselor and all sales activities
- Identify, define and acquire funding resources available to Resthaven.
- Assertively seeks new individual/corporate/foundation funding sources as well as grant opportunities and stewards the relationships with current/past donors.
- Examines ways of packaging and marketing these programs to all donor prospects.
- Maintains knowledge about the external environment as it relates to the different services of Resthaven.
- Assist in the development of all communication to external constituents.
- Write appeals seeking operational, scholarship, capital, endowment, and planned giving support.
- Demonstrates autonomy, assertiveness, flexibility, and cooperation in performing job responsibilities.
- Participates in learning and development opportunities.
- Attends all required in-service training and team/departmental meetings.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, management, residents, Board of Trustee, resident’s families, and the public.
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriate.
- Performs all other job responsibilities as assigned.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Must have highly developed interpersonal skills along with the ability to effectively meet people with ease.
- Ability to write and edit effectively. Communicate the written and spoken work with tact, diplomacy, and/or authority when necessary.
- Good organizational skills, well disciplined with ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong time/project management skills. Self starter who is able to work well under pressure of many priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with staff and volunteers.
- Competent computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Donor Perfect, Sherpa, PCC and Outlook.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment
- Appreciation of diversity in all of its forms and an ability to build trusting relationships with donors of varying backgrounds and perspectives.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree, master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum four years experience including knowledge of sales and marketing, annual giving, capital campaign, foundation/corporate solicitations, deferred giving, communications and special events.
- Knowledge of marketing strategies and techniques, including long-range planning processes.
- Knowledge of the senior housing / health care industry and trends.
- Thorough understanding of the greater Holland/Zeeland area as well as regional markets.
Required Licenses, Registration, and/or Certifications”
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How to Apply
Resume information can be sent to CEO, Deedre Vriesman, at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Organization
“To glorify God by providing a continuum of care and services that demonstrates the love and compassion of Jesus Christ.”