Director of Corporate and Foundation Development
About the Position
The Director of Corporate and Foundation Development is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: Under the supervision of the Foundation Executive Director, manages the development and execution of annual fundraising plans to secure increased funding from corporate, foundation, government, and other organization sources in support of Hope Network’s mission.
Writing, strategic thinking and planning, compliance reporting, and maintaining contacts and frequent correspondence with funding sources are all required. Work involves a high degree of contact with corporate and philanthropic leaders, government leaders and their staff. Also involves a high degree of interdepartmental communications, team effort and supervision of contracted employees. A very high level of professionalism is required in all aspects of the job.
Cultivates and manages relationships with corporate and foundation donors and prospects. Directs identification, qualification, strategy development, solicitation, and stewardship of donors and prospects. Responsible for designing, planning, developing and implementing private and public sector fundraising plans and strategies to support annual operating and campaign needs. Private sector donor segments include corporations (grants, gifts and sponsorship) and foundations.
Location: US-MI-Cascade Township
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
Hours per week: 40
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned.
1. In conjunction with the Executive Director and other development staff across the State, oversees the stewardship of corporate and foundation donors, including sharing volunteer opportunities, invitations to events and positioning them to be solicited again in the future.
2. Researches specific background information on corporate, foundation and government funding sources and grant opportunities.
3. Develops and implements solicitation strategies for current and prospective corporate and foundation donors.
4. Primary fundraising priorities include: capital construction projects, behavioral/mental health services, Michigan Education Corps, neuro rehabilitation, housing and community development, transportation, and workforce development.
5. Works with the development team, service line leaders and their staff to develop proposals and ensure timely and accurate submission and reporting to funders.
6. Works within the organization to ensure that gifts are used in compliance with donor requirements.
7. Cultivates new corporate and foundation donors for leadership giving programs.
8. Manages and supports all grant writing activities for Hope Network and its related programs.
9. Identifies and coordinates any additional staff or contracted grant writing services.
10. Leads and accomplishes overall responsibilities of proposal, project and compliance activities.
11. Leads, advises or assists service line leaders and respective program managers regarding grant administration and reporting requirements.
12. Conducts tours and makes presentations about Hope Network and its programs.
13. Develops and manages a budget to support the activities necessary to grow corporate, foundation and government support.
14. Maintains regular contact with federal, state, and local officials as well as foundation and corporate officials, and representatives through meetings and other actions.
15. Oversees supervision, training, development, and performance of grant writing colleagues and consultants.
16. Performs related duties as assigned.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Bachelor degree in English, Communications, Public Relations, Public Policy or a related discipline. Masters preferred.
2. Skilled in verbal and written communications, including proposal writing.
3. Experienced with non-profit programs and issues. Familiarity with public housing, workforce development, early childhood education, behavioral/mental health and veteran’s issues is ideal.
4. A minimum of five (5) or more years of development experience including successful solicitation of major gifts of at least $100,000 from corporate, foundation, and governmental donors.
5. Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record as it relates to Hope Network policy.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Strong commitment to social justice, community health and other goals and values of Hope Network.
2. Strong oral and written communication skills.
3. High level of analytical ability
4. Collaborative work style
5. Creative, out-of-the-box thinker
6. High degree of professionalism required
7. Proficient in Word, Excel, fundraising software such as Raiser’s Edge, and research tools
8. Highly organized and able to both work and supervise the work of others independently and under substantial pressure from deadlines and conflicting priorities.
9. Proven grant writing skills.
How to Apply
To apply online, follow this link:
About the Organization
Hope Network is one of Michigan’s largest non-profit organizations. We have a rich history of providing support to individuals with brain and spinal cord injuries, mental illness, and developmental disabilities. We strive to help individuals achieve a greater level of independence through Specialty Health and Community Services. Hope Network provides services geared towards the social, emotional, physical, and spiritual needs of the individuals that we serve. In Christian service, Hope Network empowers people to overcome challenges to achieve their highest level of independence.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability