Borgess Foundation, Ascension Borgess Hospital
About the Position
Ascension Borgess Hospital in Kalamazoo, MI is hiring a Development Officer within the Borgess Foundation. This is a Full-Time M-F position.
As an Associate of Ascension Borgess Hospital, you will have the opportunity to manage, develop and implement policies, procedures and strategies for fundraising activities. You will also:
- Collaborate with management on identification of fundraising goals. Develops and implements plans for capital and major fundraising initiatives.
- Prepare communications including the design, writing and printing of brochures, newsletters, donor communications and annual reports.
- Implement marketing strategies that will create a climate conducive to major giving and increase the number of major planned gifts and estate commitments.
- Prepare/assist with budgets and ensure compliance with allocated funding.
- Plan and direct the Foundation’s direct mail, online giving, and foundation support, sponsorships, and special event giving strategies for Ascension Borgess Hospital.
- Design and implement programs for direct mail and grateful patient solicitations, identify research, and develop proposals for corporate and private Foundations; oversee Foundation’s special events, and develop relationships leading to enhanced support for Ascension Borgess programs.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations/Marketing or related study area required.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years experience in fund development, with proven track record of positive donor relationships and raising funds required.
How to Apply
Please follow this link to the position.
About the Organization
Based in Kalamazoo, MI Ascension Borgess provides care for nearly 1 million people annually in cardiac, neurologic, orthopedic, vascular and bariatric services, among others. Our health system is one of the largest employers in the region and has been part of Ascension since 1999.
Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.