Building Bridges with Music
About the Position
This full-time, salaried position at Building Bridges with Music will be responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing fundraising efforts focused on annual giving, grants, donor communication, and special events. The Development Manager reports directly to the founder & Artistic Director and will receive additional guidance and input from the Board of Directors. Building Bridges with Music presents programs in public schools, community centers, and the greater community that use the universal language of music to open hearts and minds to an interactive discussion promoting open-mindedness, understanding, respect and peaceful living thereby addressing the root causes of bullying, prejudice, hatred, and violence. Building Bridges with Music is in a growth phase and is seeking an experienced candidate for this position who is passionate about the mission and motivated to lead, build and nurture meaningful relationships with donors, and expand the impact of the organization.
Compensation and Benefits
- This is a full-time position with an annual salary range of $45,000 – $60,000 depending on qualifications and experience.
- Two weeks paid vacation.
- A board-approved stipend to support the cost of health care benefits.
- Manage the annual giving program, including mailings and annual fundraising campaigns.
- Meet with existing and prospective donors and supporters on a routine basis to build and nurture relationships with them.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Coordinate and host fundraising events. These events will frequently occur in the evenings, and/or on weekends.
- Travel, in and out of Michigan, to host events, meet with donors, participate in concerts, and present at conferences.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about Building Bridges with Music with the community.
- Plan and manage donor-focused communication activities, and develop web-based, print, email, and social media content and materials in order to effectively build and nurture relationships.
- Manage donor acknowledgement and recognition programs.
- Work closely with the Artistic Director and Board of Directors.
- Provide staff support for Board Development Committee meetings.
- Manage and oversee fundraising database.
- Supervise and collaborate with other fundraising team members, including staff and volunteers.
- Oversee and manage relationships with vendors related to job responsibilities.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
The candidate must demonstrate:
- Five to seven years of professional fundraising experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Event planning and management experience.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience using CRMs or fundraising databases.
- The position will be based in Traverse City, MI with moderate amounts of future in-state and out-of-state travel expected. The board is open to considering applications from individuals who wish to work remotely from other areas in Michigan.
The Development Manager will work independently on a day-to-day basis and will communicate founder/Artistic Director and volunteer board of directors on a weekly basis. Among the personal qualities we seek in successful candidates:
- Strong commitment to Building Bridges with Music’s mission and programs;
- Strong interpersonal communication and teamwork skills;
- Proven ability to organize multiple projects simultaneously with keen attention to detail, deadlines, and objectives;
- Self-directed working approach and initiative;
- Spirit of an engaged relationship-builder;
- Professional and pleasant demeanor; and
- Sense of humor and positive outlook.
How to Apply
- Please send a one-page cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com with the subject line Development Manager Position by July 31, 2020.
- Application information on website: http://buildingbridgeswithmusic.org/job-opportunities-and-description/
- The position will remain open until filled.
About the Organization
Building Bridges with Music presents programs in public schools, community centers, and the greater community that use the universal language of music to open hearts and minds to an interactive discussion promoting open-mindedness, understanding, respect and peaceful living thereby addressing the root causes of bullying, prejudice, hatred, and violence. Our workshops ask everyone to examine our thoughts, words, and attitudes about people, especially people we perceive to be different than ourselves. Changing our preconceptions and attitudes begins with self-awareness followed by a lot of practice. We challenge everyone to start practicing in order to become “upstanders” and part of the solution, rather than bystanders and part of the problem.
P.O. Box 1225
Traverse City, MI 49685