Our Hope Association, Grand Rapids
About the Position
Reports to Executive Director.
Salaried, exempt (40 hours per week with flexible scheduling, including some evening and/or weekend hours each month).
As the Development Director at Our Hope, you will be part of a dynamic organizational team and functioning independently as the single development department staff member. This person will have an opportunity to grow not only the fundraising but also the department as we look to exciting opportunities ahead.
- Help donors accomplish their philanthropic goals and ambitions through a relationship with Our Hope.
- Meet regularly with donors to secure and increase contributions.
- Generate fresh and innovative ideas to increase revenue and donor loyalty.
- Identify prospective individual and corporate donors and solicit monetary and in-kind gifts to advance the mission.
- Establish processes and practices that ensure deep, long-term, satisfying donor relationships.
- Make regular public appearances and accept speaking engagements on behalf of Our Hope.
- Collaborate with Staff and Board to develop and successfully execute the annual fundraising plan.
- Lead the planning and execution of 2-3 fundraising events per year.
- Create and grow a robust monthly giving program.
- Develop organizational communication strategies (newsletter, email, social media, print) for targeted delivery and consistent brand development. Draft and edit content for all development communications. Pull mailing lists and manage printing/mailing.
- Recruit, train, and support key volunteers to assist in advancement efforts.
- Manage systems and software (Little Green Light) to track (including data entry), cultivate, and regularly communicate with donors and prospective donors.
- Ensure the accurate and timely delivery of meaningful reports and analytics, including data entry, thank you notes, and annual reporting.
- Support other initiatives, strategies and duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE NECESSARY TO SUCCEED
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
- Proven track record of achieving revenue goals.
- Demonstrated ability as both collaborator and self-starter who crafts creative solutions to funding and marketing challenges, including analysis of systems and data.
- Ability to work independently with an attitude of healthy interdependence on others.
- Active listener who uses input of staff, Board and participants to improve strategies and outcomes.
- Ability to empathize with, be sensitive to, and interact positively and appropriately with constituents from a wide diversity of socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
- Compelling writer and persuasive public speaker.
- An engaging, conscientious, problem-solving “people person” with the ability to clearly convey Our Hope’s unique mission, and how it fits with donors’ philanthropic and support goals.
- Ability to see the big picture with an eye for detail and timely follow-through.
- 5 years of experience in non-profit development.
- Experience and success in grant writing
- Knowledge of addiction and mental health treatment; passion for working with this population
- Basic understanding of residential treatment
- Highly skilled in online marketing strategies and social media.
- Strongly networked in greater Grand Rapids with organizations and individuals having support potential.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates please send resume and cover letter to Heather Greko at HeatherGreko@OurHopeAssociation.org