Meals on Wheels Western Michigan
About the Position
As a member of the Executive Leadership Team, the Development Director will have responsibility for overall annual fund, major gift, planned giving and capital campaigns. With our Mission, Vision and Values always at the forefront, the Development Director will represent MOWWM in public and with funders, while regularly participating in community engagement activities.
The salary range for this position is $60,000 to $75,000.
- Plan, organize and direct all of MOWWM’s fundraising efforts.
- Collaborate with the CEO and the Executive Leadership Team to create and implement a development plan, encompassing MOWWM’s annual and long-term funding strategies.
- Meet regularly with current donors to secure and enhance contributions.
- Identify potential donors and solicit monetary and in-kind gifts to advance the mission.
- Implement and administer capital campaign in collaboration with the capital campaign consultants, and other major fundraising initiatives.
- Make public appearances and accept speaking engagements on behalf of MOWWM.
- Lead, train, mentor, and coach the development team.
- Ensure meaningful reports and accurate delivery of data analytics.
Professional Experience and Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum three (3) years of professional fundraising experience
- Ability to empathize with, be sensitive to, and interact positively and appropriately with constituents from widely divergent socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
- Genuinely enjoy fostering professional relationships, developing contacts, and evangelizing the mission of the organization.
- Goal-oriented with ability to motivate donors by passionately speaking to our mission, engaging constituents in the support and partnership of MOWWM.
- Motivated to regularly engage in person with current and new donors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, as necessary.
How to Apply
If this position sounds like a fit for you, please apply at: https://j.brt.mv/jb.do?reqGK=27491967&refresh=true
About the Organization
Meals on Wheels Western Michigan operates on the strong and widely held beliefs of compassion and dignity. We are genuinely concerned about the needs of our clients and vow to treat them with care and kindness. We treat each other in the same way, believing that every human being deserves kindness, consideration and respect.
Above all, our mission is to provide quality nutrition services in a supportive environment to promote the health and independence of older adults.
Meals on Wheels Western Michigan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, height, weight, or age.