Habitat for Humanity of Kent County
About the Position
The Director of Development is responsible for establishing strategy, direction, managing staff and budget for the Resource Development department, and ensuring departmental activities align with organizational goals and fundraising best practices. The Director of Development builds relationships within the community that strengthen fundraising and public relations efforts and engages the organization with corporate donors, individual donors, foundations and grant resources. This position also works closely with partners participating in collaborative development projects, such as Plaza Roosevelt, to ensure alignment of fundraising and communication strategies.
- Provide overall leadership and direction to the Resource Development department, alignment with strategic plan; assist team in researching, identifying, and approaching new donors to develop positive relationships
- Develop and implement annual resource development plan in coordination with strategic plan and program initiatives
- Engage donors and potential donors to solicit active partnership and ongoing support of Habitat Kent programs
- Develop and manage the Resource Development department budget
- Oversee donor stewardship
- Implement professional education and professional development for Resource Development staff members;
- Actively participate on the Leadership team promoting the mission, vision and values of Habitat for Humanity of Kent County
- Participate as an active member of the community, partnering with other civic and community organizations as a representative of Habitat Kent
- Habitat for Humanity of Kent County’s mission “seeking to put God’s love into action, we bring people together to build homes, communities, and hope” is done in partnership, with a deep reverence for the interconnected nature of our reality, to ensure everyone has the opportunity to thrive. We value integrity, faith in action, sustainability, hope, and collaboration with an intentional focus on becoming a racism-free organization. As a housing provider it is imperative that we deliver our mission not only in accordance with Fair Housing law—ensuring our actions, processes, or policies do not indicate any preference, limitation, or discrimination toward any individual or group—by partnering wholeheartedly with individuals and families of every race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, familial status, or national origin.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of fund development experience, with experience raising over $300k annually
- Excellent history of written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated successful public speaking experience
- Demonstrated staff management experience
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and manage budgets, strategic goals and objectives, analyze and report on departmental status
- Experience with Habitat or affordable housing preferred, but not required.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Lesley Hassenrik at email@example.com. Habitat for Humanity of Kent County is an equal opportunity employer. Application Deadline Friday, August 23rd
About the Organization
Habitat for Humanity of Kent County envisions a world where everyone has a decent place to live. When the broad community is engaged in addressing the urgent need for affordable housing and neighborhood revitalization, we all become less vulnerable and more resilient. In bringing people together, Habitat Kent practices a philosophy of a hand up, not a hand out and builds on existing community assets: financial, physical, natural, human, social and spiritual.