Development Director – Full Time
Circles Grand Rapids
About the Position
The Development Director generates and sustains multiple revenue streams, empowering Circles to achieve our mission and maximize our impact in the community. This dynamic professional collaborates to successfully develop and implement the Circles advancement strategy, and designs and implements branding and marketing plans.
- Reports to Chapter Director
- Salaried, exempt (40 hours per week with flexible scheduling, including some evening and/or weekend hours each month)
- Competitive salary with generous full benefits
- Help donors accomplish their philanthropic goals and ambitions through a relationship with Circles Grand Rapids.
- Meet regularly with donors to secure and increase contributions.
- Generate fresh and innovative ideas to increase revenue and donor loyalty.
- Identify prospective individual and corporate donors and solicit monetary and in-kind gifts to advance the mission.
- Establish processes and practices that ensure deep, long-term, satisfying donor relationships.
- Make regular public appearances and accept speaking engagements on behalf of Circles Grand Rapids.
- Collaborate with Staff and Board to develop and successfully execute the annual fundraising plan.
- Lead the planning and execution of 2-3 fundraising events per year.
- Create and grow a robust monthly giving program.
- Develop and implement marketing and communication strategies (newsletter, email, social media, print) for targeted delivery and consistent brand development.
- Recruit, train, and support key volunteers to assist in advancement efforts.
- Manage systems and software (Bloomerang) to track (including data entry), cultivate, and regularly communicate with donors and prospective donors.
- Ensure the accurate and timely delivery of meaningful reports and analytics.
- Support other initiatives, strategies and duties as assigned by the Chapter Director.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE NECESSARY TO SUCCEED
- 5 years of experience in non-profit development.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
- Proven track record of achieving revenue goals.
- Demonstrated ability as both collaborator and self-starter who crafts creative solutions to funding and marketing challenges, including analysis of systems and data.
- Ability to work independently with an attitude of healthy interdependence on others.
- Active listener who uses input of staff, Board and participants to improve strategies and outcomes.
- Ability to empathize with, be sensitive to, and interact positively and appropriately with constituents from a wide diversity of socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
- Compelling writer and persuasive public speaker, who is convinced that building community across barriers of socioeconomic class is key to resolving poverty.
- Strongly networked in greater Grand Rapids with organizations and individuals having support potential.
- An engaging, conscientious, problem-solving “people person” with the ability to clearly convey Circles unique mission, and how it fits with donors’ philanthropic and civic support goals.
- Highly skilled in online marketing strategies and social media.
- Ability to see the big picture with an eye for detail and timely follow-through.
- Experience and success in grant writing
- Basic understanding of faith communities and concepts of stewardship as spiritual practice
- Basic understanding of the systemic components of poverty
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to Julie Liske at:
Plainfield Ave NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49525
About the Organization
To inspire and equip families and communities to resolve poverty and thrive.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
Circles seeks to ensure and provide equal opportunity for all persons seeking employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, nationality, religion/culture, gender identity/expression, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, or disability.