About the Organization:
Dégagé Ministries offers help and hope to homeless and disadvantaged individuals in the Grand Rapids community. Our responsive programming is designed to address immediate and long-term needs, such as overnight respite for women in crisis, food, referral services and hygiene facilities. Dégagé’s goal is to assure that every man and woman we serve knows that he or she is not alone. Our mission is to reflect the love of Christ to all who come through our doors by building relationships and offering programs that foster dignity and respect.
Dégagé Ministries is seeking a new Director of Development who will actively lead our fund development department. The Development Director, in close collaboration with Dégagé’s leadership team, is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and enhancing all of the organization’s fundraising efforts. These efforts include Dégagé’s annual fund, major gifts program, planned giving, and capital campaign. In this role, you will regularly interface with donors and prospective donors, as well as those individuals who rely on Dégagé for assistance.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Plan, organize and direct all of Dégagé’s fundraising efforts
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors to create and implement a development plan, encompassing Dégagé’s annual and long-term funding strategies
- Meet regularly with current donors to secure and enhance contributions.
- Identify potential donors and solicit monetary and in-kind gifts to advance the mission.
- Implement and administer capital campaign in collaboration with the capital campaign consultants, and other major fundraising initiatives.
- Make public appearances and accept speaking engagements on behalf of Dégagé’s ministry.
- Work with the Development Assistant to ensure relevant donor information is captured.
- Ensure meaningful reports and accurate delivery of data analytics.
- Must embrace the mission of Dégagé Ministries
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum five years of professional fundraising experience
- Ability to empathize with, be sensitive to, and interact positively and appropriately with constituents from widely divergent socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
- Genuinely enjoy fostering professional relationships, developing contacts and evangelizing the mission of the organization
- Goal-oriented with ability to motivate donors by passionately speaking to our mission, engaging constituents in the support and partnership of Dégagé
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to maintain confidential information
- Strong computer skills (Salesforce experience preferred)
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as necessary
- Be motivated to engage in person with current and new donors (50 – 70%)
How to Apply:
If this sounds like a great fit for you, then apply here:
Dégagé Ministries’ employment practices are based on job qualifications without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, height, weight, disability, or any other classifications protected by applicable law. We are committed to a diverse workforce. We value all employees’ talents and support an environment that is inclusive and respectful. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law.