The Development Director is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of Dégagé’s fundraising efforts including the annual fund, planned giving, major gifts program, and the capital campaign. This position works in close collaboration with the Executive Director, Grant Writer, Marketing Manager, Development Assistant, and Capital Campaign consultants to achieve the ministry’s fundraising goals.
- Together with the Executive Director and the Board, develop and implement a Development Plan including both the annual and long-term funding strategies for Dégagé Ministries.
- Meet with current and prospective donors on a continual basis, sharing the need and making the ask.
- Identify and solicit monetary and in-kind gifts from businesses, churches, and individual donors in partnership with the Board and staff.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major donors.
- Build a planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
- Direct the annual fund program.
- Work alongside capital campaign counsel to implement the capital campaign and other major fundraising initiatives.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about Dégagé with churches, businesses, civic groups, rest homes, etc.
- Oversee the timely acknowledgment of gifts.
- Solicit sponsorships and raffle items for fundraising events.
- Write appeal and donor acknowledgment letters as needed.
- Oversee the timely mailing of year-end giving receipt.
- Attend weekly staff meeting as time allows.
- Maintain awareness of financial status, both monthly and long range.
- Enter all contact, relationship, and meeting information into Salesforce database.
- Run and analyze reports from database.
- Provide Executive Director with weekly contact report.
- Participate in all fundraising events as requested.
- Recruit and manage fund development committee members and ensure they have appropriate tools, training, and support to be effective and efficient in their work.
- Maintain information flow with the Board on a monthly basis.
- Willingness to participate in training programs to upgrade skills as needed.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
This is a full time salaried position.
Compensation: to be determined.
- A strong commitment to Christ and to serving Him through word and deed to others.
- Must embrace the mission of Dégagé Ministries.
- Have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong computer skills. Experience with Salesforce donor software preferred.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members, and other volunteers.
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Be a self-starter and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit follow through on tasks and goals.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, delegate, and work independently.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekend and evening hours as required.
- A strong professional approach to nonprofit fundraising.
- A bachelor’s degree and 5 years minimum experience in professional fundraising.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter and resume electronically to Marge@DegageMinistries.org. Address cover letter to Marge Palmerlee, Executive Director. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.