Development and Communications Project Coordinator
Community Food Club
About the Position
Department: Fund Development; Reports to Executive Director.
Location: 1100 S. Division Ave, Grand Rapids.
Intermittent local travel.
Salary Range: $18-$20/hour.
Benefits: Health, Dental, Paid Time Off, Retirement Match.
The Development and Communications Project Coordinator is responsible for executing the day-to-day operations of the annual fund. This position works in close collaboration with the Board, Executive Director, and volunteers. Duties include database management, communications, event management, volunteer committee management, and project-based work. Office-based, full-time professional position, averaging 40 hours per week with occasional night/weekend hours.
Essential Functions include (but are not limited to):
- Prepare donor queries, written acknowledgement letters, and other donor literature.
- Coordinate all fundraising events including all logistics, sponsorships, committee recruitment and management.
- Assist with grant writing including pulling reports, writing, and reporting.
- Assist with speaking engagements in the community. This also includes communicating with different constituents including sponsors, donors, vendors, and members.
- Maintain organizational data in the donor database with consistency and attention to detail. This includes database operations such as data entry, gift recording and acknowledgments, reporting, and data hygiene.
- Prepare and execute development communication pieces, including hard copy, eblasts and social media.
- Assist with web content management.
- Organize volunteer committees and assist with training of other volunteers.
- Develop reports for the Board and other leadership.
- Assist staff with general Membership Services and Operations functions including member experience, registration and payment of membership fees and by operating the checkin, and checkout stations as well as participating in the stocking, rotation, and appearance of merchandise within the Food Club.
Other duties as assigned.
Education required: Bachelor’s preferred.
Skills required: MS Office, Email, Internet, Donor software.
Skills preferred: Public speaking, Social Media.
Qualifications: (Preferred 2-3 years prior fund-raising experience and database management)
- Professional presentation, with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, and an energetic and engaging personality.
- Excellent organizational skills, with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to make decisions and work independently.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite, Social Media, and database management.
- Demonstrated ability to handle donor interest and personal information with tact and sensitivity, in a confidential manner.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a strong customer-service orientation.
- Ability to set and meet realistic goals, establish work priorities, organize people and materials to reach goals, handle pressure well, and evaluate and report results.
- Ability to multi-task while handlingwork expectations including telephone, basic office machines, reading, writing, typing, computer/data entry, and some travel.
How to Apply
Subject Line: Development and Communications Project Coordinator.
Mail: AJ Fossel, Executive Director, Community Food Club, 1100 S Division Ave., Grand Rapids MI 49507
About the Organization
Mission: An innovative and dignified approach to food security rooted in consumer choice, member participation, and access to healthy foods.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified, and may change at the discretion of the incumbent’s manager/supervisor.