Development and Communications Coordinator
Kalamazoo Loaves & Fishes
About the Position
Kalamazoo Loaves & Fishes has an excellent opportunity for a qualified individual to help us feed hungry people and engage our community in the fight to end hunger! We are seeking a full-time (40 hours per week) Development and Communications Coordinator to support the mission of KLF by managing the donor database, coordinating the gift receipting and acknowledgement process, and generating reports. In addition, this position supports the communication functions of the organizations by managing social media, coordinating communication materials, and providing support to the Resource Development Director with fundraising and marketing events. We serve a diverse client population and continually strive to promote diversity, fairness, equity, and inclusion in all our practices.
This job description is an example of the general requirements of the position and is not intended to be exhaustive or all-inclusive.
- Administers and manages KLF’s Raiser’s Edge donor database.
- Inputs constituent and donation information with detail and accuracy.
- Generates gift receipts and acknowledgements on a timely basis.
- Maintains and ensures accurate, up-to-date data.
- Prepares reports and mailing lists. Coordinates newsletter and other mailings, including supporting mailing volunteers and delivering newsletters to post office.
- Maintains/manages social media communications with timely and relevant content. Updates according to regional, organizational, and seasonal changes in messaging.
- Works closely with Marketing Consultant and Resource Development Director on communication needs, campaigns, and branding alignment.
- Assists Community Engagement & Advocacy Coordinator with promotion of Advocacy and Coalition initiatives and messaging. Stays knowledgeable on food security and other related advocacy issues.
- Manages inventory of key communication materials and assists other departments when materials are needed for programming.
- Supports the Procurement & Logistics Coordinator with communication needs for food drives.
- Collaborates with finance department to reconcile data.
- Works with other members of the Resource Development Department and the Program Department to attend community information fairs and events.
- Supports the work of the Resource Development Department participating in other events and activities as necessary or required.
- Mission, Service, and Urgency
- Integrity, Stewardship and Accountability
- Respect: Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Organizational Improvement and Professional Development
- Dependability and Flexibility
- Bachelor’s Degree in or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with data management systems, reporting, and procedures.
- Ability to manage exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills; ability to manage workflow, and meet deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication, organizational, and planning skills.
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment, and be flexible with schedule as required.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand multiple languages in addition to English, especially Spanish or Arabic.
- Proficiency in Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge donor management software.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org by March 11, 2019
You may also mail or drop off your resume and cover letter to:
Kalamazoo Loaves & Fishes
901 Portage Street
Kalamazoo, MI 49001
ATTN: HR Department
About the Organization
Kalamazoo Loaves & Fishes is a great place to work. We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, short-term disability, and group life insurance. In addition, we offer a generous contribution to a 403(b) program, paid time off, and professional development and continuing education opportunities.
Kalamazoo Loaves & Fishes’ Non-Discrimination Policy:
No person shall be excluded from KLF services, employment, or volunteer participation because of ethnicity, race, national origin, age, height, weight, genetic status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, economic circumstance, veteran status, physical and/or mental abilities/characteristics, philosophy/religion, or any other status that is protected by the State of Michigan, federal law, or by local ordinance for those jurisdictions where KLF operates.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
KLF is committed to fair employment practices, equal employment opportunity, and to promoting diversity in its broadest definition. Equal employment opportunity means compliance with state and federal regulations as well as following those practices which promote diversity and fairness of employment opportunity. Fair employment practices mean that all employees shall have access to the various aspects of employment such as hiring, promotion, compensation, and training. It is the policy of KLF that all employees and applicants for employment share fairly in these aspects of employment.