About the Position
We are seeking to add a Consultant position (preferably full-time, part-time negotiable) to collaborate and consult with a variety of nonprofit clients both in campaigns and annual giving fundraising.
What we offer:
We are committed to our employees and provide a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. We believe in growth, advancement, and invest in professional development. Employees are encouraged to identify areas for growth and work with their supervisors to find and participate in professional development opportunities, ranging from webinars and classes to occasional conferences. We are fast-paced and committed to the work. We are seeking a leader willing to bring their authentic self to work each day. If you are truly interested in partnering with nonprofits to create real community change, come join our team and help our company live out its mission today and long into the future.
Key areas of accountability:
- Build capacity in clients by acting in assigned roles and utilizing team members
- Work closely with the Kennari team as an active participant and collaborative partner assigned to various clients.
- Act in partnership with annual giving clients to install a relationship-based model of philanthropy for long-term fund development success. Help clients with major gift programs, donor communication plans, event strategies, grassroots and peer to peer campaigns, and board development.
- Act in partnership with campaign clients to develop feasibility study lists, participate in feasibility study interviews, guide organizations in the development of campaign strategies, coach on cabinet development, gift solicitations, stewardship, cultivation, and campaign completion.
- Guide clients in building diverse and productive volunteer/event committees, campaign cabinets, and boards of directors. Assist staff and volunteers in working together to meet goals.
- Participate in company committees and offer a new perspective
- Bring personal/professional experiences and a new lens to current processes and practices to better engage the full community in fundraising.
- Identify opportunities for innovation and to build more equitable practices and outcomes.
- Support lead generation/prospecting
- Actively engage and network with the community, identifying opportunities for new or increased partnerships.
- Give presentations on fundraising topics for various groups (live and virtual).
- Manage contract relationships/deliverables and act as lead staff as assigned
- Minimum 3 years of fund development experience.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a synergistic team, with a strong customer-service orientation.
- Professional presentation, with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently and efficiently, working in a hybrid of in-person and virtual meetings, with occasional travel. Office, and majority of the team, is based in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Email/Calendars, and comfort with technology (texting, email to phone, virtual meeting platforms, Dropbox, apps for hours tracking/parking/etc.)
How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to apply. Kennari Consulting is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Organization
Since our start in 2007, Kennari Consulting has sought new thinking and smarter approaches to fundraising that serve the realities of the day and also strengthen nonprofits for the future. Our mission is to change the face of philanthropy, moving nonprofits of all sizes to greater capacity and meaningful impact within the communities they serve. We want to see more organizations with better tools and the resources they need – connecting donors to missions, using best practices, and engaging a broader community of donors.
Our vision is a future with strong communities supported by sustainable organizations, leading to generational change. Our company will model equitable practices to increase the voice and impact of those whom our clients serve. Our clients flourish because we partner and walk alongside them as they grow their efforts to fulfill their missions through sound business practices and inclusive, asset-based frameworks both in fundraising and program/project development. We are also a resource to the philanthropic community as partners in this work to create a more compassionate, healthier, and more just society.
Each team member supports and enhances Kennari Consulting’s culture and values:
Teaching is at the core of what we do at Kennari – it’s even in our name. Helping clients understand the ‘why’ of our process ensures their success is long-term. And to be good teachers, we are always learning too. Philanthropy must be responsive to a changing world – new generations of donors, shifting economic trends, and evolving technology.
Helping our clients achieve the results they need to advance their mission and serve their constituents is how we measure our success. Our holistic approach to consulting means we are always looking at the big picture, but decades of collective experience allows us to help clients prioritize for the greatest impact. Whether it is ensuring an event meets its goal, building the infrastructure for a successful capital campaign, or securing grant funds for a new program, our results-oriented process prioritizes equitable outcomes and long-term impacts.
Nothing meaningful can be built without trust. Our commitment to acting with honesty and transparency ensures we are always accountable – this extends to our clients, their constituents, and the community of donors that support them. We will never give advice that goes against that commitment and we will practice compassionate honesty with clients to ensure we can always stand behind our work.
We strive to ensure that each member of the Kennari team reflects the organizational ethos of capable expertise, and that we are always prepared and ready to lead. Our team is professional, responsive, and creative in meeting the needs of our clients. Our commitment to excellence extends beyond our company’s reputation or a client’s bottom line – it’s a commitment to advancing the work of transforming communities for the betterment of all.
Diversity and Inclusion
We recognize that every individual possesses unique human experiences which shape their strengths, talents, and contributions within the workplace and within the community. We believe that these diverse skills and perspectives are essential to successfully supporting our clients through a comprehensive range of services. Therefore, we seek to engage diverse talent and intentionally promote an inclusive environment where every person’s strengths, skills, perspectives, and contributions are valued and utilized to design collaborative efforts between our staff and our clients.
We are prioritizing diversity – and are leaning into the reality that there is a lot to learn.