Habitat for Humanity of Kent County
About the Position
Habitat for Humanity of Kent County seeks to fill the position of Communications Specialist. The Communications Specialist is responsible for creating digital content for the affiliate, contributing to the development of print materials, coordination of public relations, and supporting special events with meaningful audio-visual materials. The Communications Specialist will create and implement strategic communications plans that drive engagement with the affiliate and motivate support for Habitat Kent’s mission. With the support of the Associate Director of Development, the Communications Specialist will ensure that all communications pieces align with departmental and organizational goals, strategies, and direction. This position reports directly to the Associate Director of Development and is full-time, non-exempt at 40 hrs. per week.
- Health/dental and life insurance; employer sponsored 403b retirement plan with 5% employer match; and flexible spending plan
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Create and share digital and printed stories through copy, photography, and/or video
- Create and maintain content for social media and website
- Inform, implement, and track communications plan(s)
- Support the Resource Development team in creating materials for donor recognition
- Assist with and implement public relations initiatives
- Collaborate with cross-functional event teams and create audio-visual materials to support strong events and meaningful connection with Habitat Kent’s mission
- Must be able to demonstrate values that support empowerment, partnership, and diversity.
- Experience in or demonstrated interest in social change, especially as related to Habitat Kent’s mission, vision, and organizational goals.
- Must be a creative and innovative thinker with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently and in teams, take initiative, meet deadlines, be flexible, and juggle multiple priorities. Must also be willing to take direction and feedback, be proactive about maintaining and developing professional skillset, and willing to teach others as needed.
- A high level of computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite is required. Familiarity with web design (especially the WordPress platform) and video editing software is strongly preferred.
- A working knowledge of photography for web, social media, and print pieces is required.
- A qualified candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, or related field. At least 2-3 years of professional experience is preferred. Entry-level candidates who have demonstrated the required skillset through internships and/or other work products will be considered.
- Experience working and communicating effectively with people from diverse cultural, social, and ethnic backgrounds is essential.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
- Regular attendance required.
How to Apply
Send resume with cover letter by Friday, February 1, 2019 to: email@example.com.
No phone calls or walk-ins.
About the Organization
Habitat for Humanity of Kent County seeks to put God’s love into action by bringing people together to build homes, community, and hope. Our vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live. Habitat Kent is focused on recruiting a diverse and equitable workforce, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.