Church Relations Manager (part-time)
ReFrame Ministries of the Christian Reformed Church in North America (CRCNA)
About the Position
ReFrame Ministries of the Christian Reformed Church in North America (CRCNA), has a part-time (20 hrs/wk) opening for a Church Relations Manager. The Church Relations Manager serves as a critical link between ReFrame Ministries and US congregations, resulting in stronger relationships with churches and increased engagement and financial support.
The position pay is $28.91/hour.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop and implement a strategy to deepen relationships and grow financial support from churches which have some prior engagement with ReFrame Ministries
2. Develop and implement a plan for identifying, recruiting and cultivating new churches to partner with and support ReFrame Ministries
3. Cultivate a portfolio of assigned congregations, primarily Christian Reformed but also other churches that support ReFrame Ministries’s ministry
4. Develop relationships with key stakeholders in the Christian Reformed Church (e.g. regional leaders) and ministry partners which support engagement goals.
5. Encourage congregations to make use of ReFrame Ministries’s resources (e.g. Today devotional, Church Juice)
6. Coordinate preaching assignments and other church engagements by ReFrame Ministries Director and other ministry leaders
7. Reach targeted monthly, quarterly, and annual activity and fundraising goals
8. Assist in developing and/or editing materials for various campaigns
9. Travel locally up to 50% of the time to visit churches and attend conferences
10. Log interactions with churches in customer relationship manager (CRM) software
11. Be an actively contributing member of the Church Relations sub-team, and provide insight in all interactions and meetings with the sub-team, the Advancement Team, and ReFrame Ministries generally
12. Perform other duties as assigned
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Membership in a Christian church and agreement with the doctrine of the CRC signified by signing a covenant statement.
2. Enthusiasm for ReFrame Ministries’s mission of using media to proclaim the gospel, disciple believers and strengthen the local church
3. Demonstrated commitment to provide a work environment that values diversity and equality as well as have respectful relationships with others
4. Knowledge of various theological traditions and denominations and how they are structured
5. Strong interpersonal and communication skills: able to express ideas clearly both verbally and in writing; able to listen with sensitivity
6. Demonstrated ability to creatively present and market a concept
7. Familiarity with customer relationship management (CRM) software preferred
8. Flexible and adaptable team player; proven skills in collaborating with others
Education & Experience
1. Undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
2. Significant work experience in sales, customer service, fundraising or in a church setting is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– Local travel to visit churches primarily in the West Michigan area, as well as attend occasional meetings and/or conferences in other parts of the United States and Canada is required. Occasional international travel may be required.
– Some lifting of display materials at events and conferences is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
How to Apply
Application Instructions: Please upload your resume and cover letter as one .pdf or .doc/.docx file at Church Relations Manager