AgeWell Services of West Michigan
About the Position
AgeWell Services of West Michigan is seeking qualified candidates for a full time Advancement Specialist to join our team in serving thousands of seniors along the lakeshore communities in Muskegon, Oceana and Ottawa counties.
The Advancement Specialist is responsible for operations of the Advancement Department. Able to work in and supervise donor database management and support Development Plan execution. The Advancement Specialist performs responsibilities at the highest professional standards of data management, communication and confidentiality. Performs a range of duties related to fundraising. The Advancement Specialist provides key support to the Advancement Director and program support for the Advancement Department. This position will lead special event planning and campaigns, preparation and implementation. The Advancement Specialist will build relationships, increase visibility, and assist with meeting campaign goals and growing financial resources to support AgeWell’s mission and services.
· Assist the Advancement Director in planning and implementing the annual, major gift, capital and planned giving campaigns to achieve campaign goal success.
- Uploads online transactions (sign ups, profile updates, donations, memberships and event registrations) from online giving systems.
- Conduct research on donors and donor prospects.
· Manage DonorSnap software for accurate data entry, financial gifts and gifts-in-kind, communications, event invitation and attendance and prospect research.
· Assist with mail and in person solicitations.
· Edit and on occasion generate IRS compliant donation thank you letters.
· Generate standard, special and ad hoc reports as needed
· Retrieve data, create reports and analyze.
· Effectively engage team members, donors and volunteers as needed.
· Work with Outreach Manager for marketing, print materials, website, social media and volunteer management. Jointly produce donor cultivation, recognition and stewardship materials.
· Coordinate planning, preparation, implementation and administrative support for special events, solicit sponsor support and auction items.
· Represent the agency on committees, groups and attend events in the community.
· Route check requests, accounts payable invoices, and monitor budget revenues and expenses.
· Participate in training.
· Any other related duties as assigned.
- At least two year’s prior administrative experience, preferably in a Fundraising and Advancement environment.
- Proficient computer skills and working knowledge of database is a must.
- Requires experience entering accurate data while working with confidential database records.
- Working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets for lists, reports and data analysis.
- Well organized.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Thorough understanding and commitment to the mission and services of AgeWell Services.
- Communicate with a pleasant professional and respectful demeanor whether in person, on the phone or in writing.
- Excellent verbal, written, and editing skills. Attention to details, able to prioritize duties and perform under tight deadlines.
- Direct mail and DonorSnap software experience a plus.
- Supervise data entry and retrieval for direct mail campaigns for vendor.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required.
· Must pass background check.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter of introduction outlining your specific experience and qualifications, and a resume in PDF format to at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, September 16. Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis until position is filled. No phone calls, please.
About the Organization
AgeWell Services is a non-profit, charitable 501c3 organization founded in 1974 for the purpose of implementing the nutrition program and related services funded by the Older Americans Act enacted by Congress in 1965. We support adults 60 and older to maximize their independence through, Meals, Motion and Morale. AgeWell Services hosts the Meals on Wheels program and partners with locations throughout West Michigan to provide social discounted meals, exercise programs, classes (such as art, computer literacy, financial planning), transportation to doctor’s appointments, education to keep them safe from predators, and a café that is open to the public.