About the Position
All Belong, also known as the Christian Learning Center, is seeking a full-time Advancement Director who will diversify and expand its community of donors both in Grand Rapids and across the country. Our mission is to equip congregations and schools to glorify God with purposeful, innovative inclusion of persons of all abilities.
The Advancement Director will report to the Executive Director, and is part of a small and dynamic administrative team. They will oversee the part-time Advancement Coordinator, who manages annual fundraising events and other duties.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience, with a generous benefits package include HSA health insurance, 403B retirement plan, and personal and vacation time.
- Flexible scheduling is available, including reduced work hours down to 80% FTE. All Belong’s workload calendar resembles traditional school schedules.
- Applicant must have their own vehicle; use of that vehicle will be reimbursed at the current IRS mileage rate.
- Join us now and be a part of a growing organization, helping schools and churches become places of belonging for persons at all levels of ability and disability!
- Manage existing major donors and work closely with the executive director to bring all donors closer to the organization and its work
- Direct and execute to completion all annual fund activities, including mailings and newsletters, coordinating messaging with the wider organization
- Identify new sources for annual fund support and manage a pipeline of prospective donors
- Develop new avenues, tools, and ideas for increasing corporate and planned giving support
- Cultivate new donors outside of West Michigan in tandem with the development of regional offices (some travel may be required after Covid-19)
- Craft proposals and grants for targeted support of new initiatives, identifying opportunities for funding
- Launch and manage the Development committee of the Board of Directors
- Other duties as assigned and as appropriate to develop additional support for All Belong’s efforts
- Determine and set fundraising goals that align with the mission and strategic needs of All Belong.
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Ability to profess and demonstrate one’s commitment to Christ and his teachings
- Understanding and passion for All Belong’s values and communities of interdependence and mutuality with persons at all levels of ability
- Four to five years’ experience in fundraising preferred, as well as proven experience in cultivating and increasing donor giving
- Bachelor’s degree is required. CFRE or advanced degree preferred
- Possessing strong professional communication skills, both in writing, in person, and in public speaking
- Ability to travel as needed
- Must be proficient with database systems and Office 365 suite and possess an openness to using new applications.
- Must work well on a team, demonstrating strong skills in supervision, collaboration, and leadership
How to Apply
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and statement of faith to Sharon Ward, office manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org