About the Position
General Statement of Duties: The Associate Director of Advancement Services is responsible for providing management and execution of activities related to advancement services necessary for the success of the University’s philanthropic initiatives, donor relations activities, and efficient functioning of the Institutional Advancement division.
Salary: $70,000-$76,000 (To commensurate with education and experience)
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Shift: Monday-Friday, 9:100a.m.-5:00p.m.
Supervision Received: Reports to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement.
Supervision Exercised: Gift Processor/Bookkeeper; Senior Coordinator for Advancement Services and Reporting.
Department: Institutional Advancement
FLSA Status: Exempt
Duties include but are not limited to the following.
• Oversee and maintain the CRM database while ensuring data integrity in accordance with the AASP Statement of Ethics
• Routinely import data from stand-alone software platforms into the CRM database
• Build and pull complex reports and lists, as needed, in accordance with the CASE standards for reporting
• Provide ongoing support and training for all end users of the CRM
• Develop, document, and maintain policies and procedures for gift processing, data entry, data maintenance, and reporting
Reporting and Data Analysis
• Use CRM database queries, exports and reports to extract, analyze, visualize, and report data
• Create and/or maintain scheduled reporting, including but not limited to: quarterly dashboard, weekly gift report, appeals report, pledge reminders, and monthly activity reports
• Troubleshoot errors with reports, queries, and exports
Gift Processing, Acknowledgement and Reconciliation
• Oversee gift processing, pledge reminder, and acknowledgment functions
• Ensure that donations are promptly acknowledged
• Provide backup, when necessary, to review and commit daily gift batches
• Create policies & procedures for gift entry and gift processing in accordance with AASP Statement of Ethics
Prospect Research and Management
• Work directly with gift officers to create prospect strategy and management system including the development of prospect profiles and event briefings
• Conduct annual wealth screening via iWave for the purpose of calculating and assigning gift capacity ratings to prospective donors
• Manage all prospect research tools (iWave, AlumniFinder, etc.) and lead prospect management meetings
• Identify prospective major donors via data mining, prospect research, and data analysis
• Document the prospect management system, including prospect management policies and procedures in accordance with the APRA Code of Ethics
• Organize and lead Lunch & Learn sessions to train Institutional Advancement staff on various aspects of using the database, Excel skills, and various technology platforms as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree
• Demonstrated success in advancement in an educational setting, higher education experience a plus
• Proficiency in managing a fundraising CRM database such as Raiser’s Edge
• Proficiency with data imports/exports and querying tools, bCRE or bCRE-PRO certification a plus
• Advanced skill level in Microsoft Excel; Power BI knowledge a plus
• Strong ability to handle multiple tasks, identify priorities, and work within deadlines
• Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with people at all levels within the institution
• Demonstrates excellent professional judgement, initiative, and discretion in handling confidential materials
• Strong intercultural skills including the ability to work effectively within a multicultural campus environment
• Embraces change, is a positive thinker in the face of challenges with a commitment to continuous improvement
How to Apply
An on-line application is required. The successful candidate must submit an official transcript at the time of hire. Interested candidates should electronically attach the following documents:
• Cover Letter
• Contact information for three references *
• Copy of unofficial transcript of highest degree
* Provide the contact information for reference providers in the reference section of the online application.
Deadline: The job posting will be open a minimum of ten days and, if needed, will remain open until finalists have been selected.
NOTE: If you need assistance completing your application please contact our online https://westfield.interviewexchange.com/iecreatemodifyticket.jsp. The link to the help desk can be found at the top of the page via Contact Us.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4371718
About the Organization
About Westfield State University:
In 1839, Horace Mann founded Westfield State University as the first public higher education institution without barrier to race, gender or economic class. Westfield State University is committed to a policy of non-discrimination, equal opportunity, diversity and affirmative action. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people including minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities and other protected persons, or individuals with diverse cultural backgrounds.
Westfield State is the most residential of the state universities in Massachusetts, with over 60% of our 5600 full-time undergraduate students living on campus. The campus is ideally situated on the edge of the Berkshire Mountains in western Massachusetts just 30 minutes from the thriving cultural centers of Northampton and Amherst, and 1.5 hours from both Boston and Albany.
Westfield State University is committed to anti-racist pedagogy and practices that guide our universities’ fundamental beliefs in critical engagement with diversity, social justice, community building, scholarly inquiry, and critical reflective practice. Persons of color and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Salary: For the majority of new employees, the minimum starting salary will apply. Specific salary for current Westfield State University employees and individuals currently working for the state of Massachusetts must be calculated individually in accordance with collective bargaining and state policies and procedures.
State job specifications for this position may be found at the department of higher education website: http://www.mass.edu/foremployees/classificationspecs/classspecs-pers.asp
Disability Accommodations: Westfield State University understands that persons with disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance regarding disability accommodations, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (413) 572-8106.
Employment at Westfield State University is contingent upon a background check that is satisfactory to the University. Failure to provide written authorization for a background check will nullify the offer of employment.
As a condition of employment, you will be required to complete an initial series of COVID vaccination (2 doses of Pfizer/Moderna or 1 dose of J&J) prior to coming to campus. Initial booster doses are strongly encouraged for everyone who is eligible. New employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination to Human Resources prior to onboarding. Employees who require a medical or religious exemption should email Tatyana Horne, Associate Director of Employee Benefits, Recognition & Transitions, at email@example.com