Thursday, November 15, 2018
11:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
JW Marriott Grand Rapids
More info coming soon.
2018 Award Nominations
Revised nominations process listed below:
- Review the nomination packet (pdf) as well as Past NPD Award Recipients (pdf)
- Nominate a deserving individual, group, or organization by clicking here – upload supporting documents to the electronic nomination form.
- Write a one-page narrative describing:
- How the nominee plays a significant role in philanthropy
- Why the nominee’s achievements or activities are important
- Specific examples of the nominee’s fulfillment of the award category criteria (in the packet)
- Secure two letters of support from individuals or organizations that strengthen the nomination. The letters should explain accomplishments that specifically support the award category definition.
- Provide any other documentation you deem appropriate.
- Upload supporting documents to the online nomination form in number 2 or email supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do not assume the selection committee is familiar with the nominee’s achievements.
AFP West Michigan’s National Philanthropy Day (NPD) recognizes outstanding achievements by an individual, foundation and corporate philanthropists, fundraising volunteers, and professional fundraisers. These awards recognize those individuals and organizations whose lifetime, long-term, and emerging achievements have made a significant impact on society.
2018 Award Categories
- Benjamin Franklin Award for Outstanding Fundraising Professional
- Distinguished Philanthropist
- Outstanding Corporation, Foundation, or Community Organization
- Emerging Nonprofit Development Professional
- Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser(s)
- Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy (ages 18 and under)West
- Michigan Chapter Award for Excellence in Fundraising
When Should Nominations Be Submitted?
The nomination period is open between May 7 and June 30, 2018. All award nominations, including all supporting documents and letters of support, if applicable, must be received by online or via email (at preferred method below) by 11:59 p.m. EDT on Saturday, June 30, 2018. Late entries will not be considered until the 2019 awards cycle.
Who Can Submit Nominations?
Nominations for any award may be submitted by an individual AFP member or nonmember individuals or organizations. You may make more than one nomination in any category, but no more than three nominations total. All nominations will be considered in the year presented, plus one additional year.
Completeness of information is essential for consideration. Awardees will be selected through the National Philanthropy Day Committee and an Awards Committee comprised of representatives from the nonprofit community.
Presentation of Awards
The honorees selected will receive their awards at the 32nd National Philanthropy Day Luncheon on Thursday, November 15, 2018. Honorees will be notified of their selection by August 1, 2018, and be included in applicable press releases, invitations, and program materials.