Wednesday, November 15, 2018
11:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
JW Marriott Grand Rapids
More info coming soon.
2018 Award Nominations
AFP West Michigan’s National Philanthropy Day (NPD) recognizes outstanding achievements by an individual, foundation and corporate philanthropists, fundraising volunteers, and professional fundraisers. These awards recognize those individuals and organizations whose lifetime, long-term, and emerging achievements have made a significant impact on society. See the entire nomination packet here.
2018 Award Categories
- Benjamin Franklin Award for Outstanding Fundraising Professional
- Distinguished Philanthropist
- Outstanding Corporation, Foundation, or Community Organization
- Emerging Nonprofit Development Professional
- Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser(s)
- Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy (ages 18 and under)West
- Michigan Chapter Award for Excellence in Fundraising
When Should Nominations Be Submitted?
The nomination period is open between May 7 and June 15, 2018.
Who Can Submit Nominations?
Nominations for any award may be submitted by an individual AFP member or nonmember individuals or organizations. You may make more than one nomination in any category, but no more than three nominations total. All nominations will be considered in the year presented, plus one additional year.
What Must Be Included with the Nomination?
Each nomination should include:
- Nomination Form
- A narrative (no more than four pages) describing:
- How the nominee plays a significant role in philanthropy
- Why the nominee’s achievements or activities are important
- Specific examples of the nominee’s fulfillment of the award category criteria
- Two letters of support from individuals or organizations that strengthen the nomination. These should explain accomplishments that specifically support the award category definition.
- Any other supporting documentation you deem appropriate
Each nomination should not exceed ten pages which include the relevant AFP West Michigan (AFPWM) award nomination form. Do not assume the selection committee is familiar with the nominee’s achievements.
Where Should Nominations Be Submitted?
All award nominations, including all supporting documents and letters of support, if applicable, must be received by mail or email (at preferred method below) by 11:59 p.m. EDT on Friday, June 15. Late entries will not be considered until the 2019 awards cycle.
Online: Click Here
NPD 2018 Nomination AFP West Michigan
P.O. Box 6302
Grand Rapids, MI 49516-6302
Completeness of information is essential for consideration. Awardees will be selected through the National Philanthropy Day Committee and an Awards Committee comprised of representatives from the nonprofit community.
Presentation of Awards
The honorees selected will receive their awards at the 32nd National Philanthropy Day Luncheon on Thursday, November 15, 2018. Honorees will be notified of their selection by August 1, 2018, and be included in applicable press releases, invitations, and program materials.