Development Manager – Alumni Relations and Annual Giving
Grand Rapids Community College
About the Position
The Development Manager – Alumni Relations and Annual Giving is charged with designing, managing, implementing and evaluating a progressive alumni relations program that engages our alumni throughout their lives in ways that contribute to their development and also benefits GRCC and its students. The Development Manager is also responsible for developing and implementing an annual giving strategy to secure gifts from new and current donors.
Position Number: 1085
Hours: 40 hours/52 weeks
Annual Compensation: Meet and Confer, Grade 15, $58,416
Reports to: Associate Director of College Advancement
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and execute a comprehensive strategic plan for Alumni Relations – including goals, annual calendar, metrics, budget, and timetables.
- Plan and implement events that include programs tailored to attract different segments of alumni as well as current students, volunteers, faculty and staff, and donors.
- Serve as a resource for departments and student clubs/organizations wanting interaction with alumni.
- Manage web content for alumni relations.
- Manage all alumni social media platforms.
accurate and complete alumni database records.
- Develop processes to ensure data integrity of alumni contact and employment information in order to expand outreach efforts.
- Establish and maintain positive and productive relationships with college faculty and staff.
and implement a comprehensive annual giving strategy with the Associate
Director of College Advancement – including goals, annual calendar, metrics,
budget and timetables. These efforts
should complement overall campaign goals and major giving priorities.
- Annual giving strategy should include a plan to retain existing donors and develop new donors.
- Develop materials (in-print and web) for use with the annual giving plan.
- Utilize the Foundations database to track and analyze annual giving trends and create strategies based on the data results.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of five years of demonstrated success working in a fundraising environment is required.
- Prior experience in higher education fundraising is preferred.
- Must be comfortable with gift cultivation and solicitation.
- Must have prior volunteer management and leadership experience.
- Must be an accomplished, hands-on project manager and embrace working in a team environment.
- Must have the ability to understand the big picture, establish personal and program priorities and possess communication skills to inspire a desired strategy or objective that fits into the overall vision and mission of the GRCC Foundation.
- Must ensure tasks are completed within established deadlines.
- Must be a creative problem solver who is comfortable with ambiguity.
- Must have an aptitude for working in a complex environment and understand organizational dynamics and vision.
- Must resolve diverse problems independently.
- Must build and maintain collaborative relationships with College Advancement team members, alumni, faculty and staff, and donors.
- Must be a positive “people person” with the ability to manage high-stress situations.
- Must possess strong oral/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess competence in software applications and programs, particularly Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising databases, Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, Power Point, and Gmail.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and efficiently both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work under pressure. Possess mature judgment, flexibility in regards to interruptions and ability to handle difficult situations.
- Demonstrate initiative and problem-solving abilities.
- Maintain collegiality among team members by showing respect for others’ opinions and working toward mutually agreeable solutions.
- Ability to perform routine and unexpected duties with minimal supervision.
- The position requires long periods of sitting, standing, reading and writing, listening and speaking.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Must be able to work flexible hours (i.e. evenings and night) including occasional weekends.
How to Apply
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Grand Rapids Community College is only accepting online applications for this position. Please apply at our website at https://www.grcc.edu/jobs Submit a cover letter and resume in one document. The opportunity to apply for this position will close on August 18,2020 at 11:59 PM ET. Individuals with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Grand Rapids Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Organization
Grand Rapids Community College creates an inclusive learning and working environment that recognizes the value and dignity of each person. It is the policy and practice of GRCC to provide equal educational and employment opportunities regardless of age, race, color, religion, marital status, sex/gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, height, weight, national origin, disability, political affiliation, familial status, veteran status or genetics in all programs, activities, services, employment and advancement including admissions to, access to, treatment in, or compensation in employment as required by state and federal law. GRCC is committed to reviewing all aspects of GRCC programs, activities, services and employment, including recruitment, selection, retention and promotion to identify and eliminate barriers in order to prevent discrimination on the basis of the listed protected characteristics. The college will not tolerate any form of retaliation against any person for bringing charges of discrimination or participating in an investigation. Further information may be obtained from the EEO Office or the Office of General Counsel, 143 Bostwick Avenue NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503-3295.