Annual Giving Manager
Cherry Health Foundation
About the Position
The Annual Giving Manager will play a key role in relationship and fund development for Cherry Health Foundation, leading and executing best practice, as well as creative, annual fund strategies. This includes each aspect of the fundraising cycle including event strategies, plus all Foundation-related communications.
This position is responsible for Cherry Health Foundation’s annual giving program – designing and executing comprehensive strategies for solicitation and non-solicitation activities to advance philanthropic support of Cherry Health’s mission using a relationship-based fundraising philosophy. The position requires a high level of involvement and commitment to establishing and maintaining positive, professional relationships with donors, colleagues, fundraising volunteers, and patients.
Cherry Health has excellent benefit offerings, check out a sample of the benefits available to our team members below!
- 3 Medical Insurance Plan options for you and your family
- Dental and Vision Insurance Plans with providers across the State of Michigan
- Generous Paid Time Off benefit that includes 7 paid full day holidays (Including Black Friday!) and 2 half day paid holidays!
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan with generous employer match – fully vested from day 1
- MET and MESP 529 Savings Plans
- Pet Insurance!
- Vendor discounts and much more!
- Collaborate with the Foundation Director to determine annual giving objectives and strategize fundraising and stewardship efforts, then create detailed plans to meet objectives, analyze return on investments, identify opportunities, and adapt strategies as needed.
- Initiate and manage all aspects of annual giving to meet fundraising targets, including direct mail and face-to-face solicitations, implementing administrative and donor-related activities, managing the annual employee giving campaign, and preparing some annual fund-related grant proposals (excluding government grants) and reports.
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward donors for annual giving to generate new, renewed, and increased revenue, coordinating with and engaging the Foundation Director as required.
- Serve as the Foundation’s “investigative reporter” sourcing stories and data to lead, write, and edit a multimedia stakeholder communications program (e.g., newsletters, appeals, thank-yous, digital content, etc.) including full execution of hard-copy communications (i.e., identifying recipients and segments, engaging leadership in personalization activities, and working with the printer/mailer to produce and distribute).
- Collaborate with Donor Relations & Events Manager to design and execute face-to-face donor cultivation strategies including, but not limited to, tours, one-on-one meetings, and donor-centered “insider” activities.
- Implement and manage ongoing personal/written/phone contact with existing and potential donors, utilizing Foundation Director, Foundation Board members, and leadership staff as assigned ensuring each have appropriate tools, training, and support to be effective and efficient in their work to achieve the organization’s goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree, from an accredited college/university, in communications or nonprofit management preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job listed above.
- Three or more consecutive years’ experience of increasingly successful fund development and/or management with working knowledge of best practices required.
- Experience recruiting, organizing, and managing various fundraising project and goal-specific volunteers preferred.
- Project management experience preferred.
How to Apply
We are accepting applications for this position until the position is filled.
About the Organization
Our policy is to offer all employees and applicants for employment equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, sexual orientation, gender identity, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected category.
Cherry Health requires all team members, including temps, contractors, interns, residents, students, etc. to receive the COVID-19 vaccinations subject to certain exclusions. Cherry Health is committed to granting reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable laws.