Donor Relations Specialist
About the Position
Working under the supervision of the Development Director, the Donor Relations Specialist (DRS) will provide comprehensive support to the development and communications teams, with a focus on fundraising support, effective database management and development reports. The DRS will help develop strategies that focus on fundraising tactics to varied donor audiences.
The salary range is $45,000 – $52,000 annually based on experience.
Classification: Non-Exempt; In-person.
Reports to: Director of Development & Communications.
Location: Grand Rapids MI.
- Maintain thorough and accurate database records and generate development reports from database (sponsors, major donors, individuals, foundations, lapsed donors, etc.).
- Serve as customer relationship management (CRM) platform and donor database subject matter expert, with responsibility for updating processes, infrastructure, protocols, data entry systems, gift processing and report writing.
- Assist the team with the planning, strategy and implementation of mailings, campaigns, external development appearances and other special event logistics.
- Research and capture new information into the donor database regarding new and current donor interests, relationships, life events and capacity information on their philanthropic giving. Implement schedules of contact based on research for Executive Director, Development Director and Donor Officer.
- Provide fundraising support to committee/board and team meetings, including status reports, donor research and donor prep.
- Prepare online donations pages as specified.
- Create and oversee processes and schedules for donor VIP visits and external appearance requests
- Oversee schedules and provide content support for gift receipts, board thank you notes, new donor letters, newsletters, inserts and other correspondence that is updated on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Support Development Director and Community Engagement Director with agendas and scheduling of team meetings and any donor related on-site activities.
- Act as key point of contact for outside inquiries and assign follow ups to team members as needed.
- Work closely with internal teams and provide input and insight into process improvement initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Specific Direction: Follows established work procedures. Receives periodic checks for performance. Refers unique questions/conditions to immediate supervisor.
No supervision: No supervisory responsibilities.
This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties as needed. The Company reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment and does not infringe upon the Company’s at will employment status.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree specializing in marketing, business, public relations, or philanthropic field preferred.
- Five (5) to Seven (7) years of experience with growing responsibilities in fundraising, marketing, sponsorships, or related field preferred.
- Experience in /knowledge of donor management/fundraising software preferred.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with low to medium supervision
- Willing and able to handle concurrent tasks and make appropriate judgments and decisions
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Performs as a team player and comfortable in a fast paced, Christian environment
- Accuracy: Achievement of correct and precise work.
- Oral Communication: Ability to actively engage in conversations to communicate with economy and clarity, clearly understand the message and intent, and receive and process feedback.
- Relationship Building: Ability to establish and maintain a good rapport and cooperative relationship with customers and co-workers.
- Strategic Planner: Ability to offer advice and create a plan based on analysis of issues and trends, develop a vision for the future, and create a culture in which the long range goals can be achieved.
- Technology: Knowledge and ability to accomplish mathematical, engineering, scientific or computer related duties.
|Average Daily Physical Requirements||None||Less than 2 hours||2 to 5 hours||More than 5 hours|
|Work in stationary position||x|
|Move about work area||x|
|Use hands/fingers to handle or feel||x|
|Reach with hands and arms||x|
|Bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl||x|
|Communicate with various parties||x|
|Detect flavors or smells||x|
|Move containers up to 30 pounds||x|
|Read and understand written word||x|
|Operate computer and general office machines||x|
|Operate Machines: Material Handling Equipment||x|
|Average Daily Environmental Conditions||None||Less than 2 hours||2 to 5 hours||More than 5 hours|
|Normal office environment: No exposure to extreme heat, cold, noise or chemicals or hazardous equipment.||x|
|Plant environment: Exposure to dust, oil, various chemicals, and extreme noise.||x|
|Warehouse environment: Exposure to extreme temperatures, noise, hazardous equipment, and fumes from trucks.||x|
|Travel: Limited exposure to outside elements.||x|
How to Apply
The application can be found here: Donor Relations Specialist.
Resume contact information:
Director of Finance & Administration
Managing Director, The Job Post
Phone: 616-451-0236 x102
About the Organization
Guiding Light is a Christian, donor funded non-profit dedicated to helping individuals recover from addiction. Through our innovative, proven programming and ministry, we invest in the whole person, guiding them as they wake up and take responsibility for their lives and recovery.